OT My second electric bike

Gee - you weren't even HERE when I called whoever it was who WAS here a clever prick.

If you can't keep using the same name because everyone puts you in the bit bucket, you are not anywhere near as clever as you think you are - and it doesn't change the rest of the description.

Reply to
clare

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 15:01:58 -0700, Gunner Asch Gave us:

Not where the two ends join up at, idiot. They are polished faces.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Exactly as I said, you didn't answer the question, same as Gardner. What a shock.

Reply to
Tesla's Hotel Room

Inductive clamps NEED a metal to metal core connection to close the magnetic circuit of the core.. Some clampons may use a Rogowski soil which has no core - but I have not seen one in a consumer grade or trade level meter - might be used in lab quality stuff for better linearity with no core to saturate.AC transformer coils have to be made of laminations or ferrite - solid iron doesn't work very well - and the only time an air gap is used in a transformer is to prevent saturation when there is a DC component in the power.

Most AC clampmeters can not give anywhere near accurate results with the clamp not fully closed, while a hall efect sensor REQUIRES a gap in the magnetic circuit.

Every insuctive clamp I have ever seen - for ammeters, tachometer pickups, or timing lights - have exposed cores - and they don't work worth squat if the jaws cannot close fully.

Reply to
clare

On Tue, 14 Jun 2016 16:20:01 -0700, Gunner Asch Gave us:

You are not very mature, are you, child?

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Do whatever you want. I'll be sure to ignore you from now on.

(Oh for the days when tards were maintained in small cages and fed slop.)

Reply to
JW

I've heard that the idea is to get the proper magnetic field reading from the live cable/wire which helps determine amperage with ammeters, not "amp meters".

Reply to
mogulah

Well, it obviously isn't enough to pay for vehicle repairs, or even a couple hundred in taxes year after year. Do you think you're helping your rep by pretending to have valuable assets, at the same time you admit to not paying taxes? Because even the phoniest of conservatives reading are thinking, damn, Wieber is the most impotent of all us.

Reply to
Cathedrals

Thanks for your valuable contribution.

Reply to
JW

Are you giving someone a ride? Because you can't diagnose shit. Oh wait, maybe that is something you can do. At least, tell the difference between dog and cat anyway.

Reply to
Cathedrals

I prefer a delayed bank debit which gives me an extra 14 days to raise the money. Followed by a visit to the bank to clear up the overdraft fees. Isn't that how everyone does it?

Gunner (posting from my new mobile office)

"It's time for the human race to enter the solar system."

Reply to
Gunner Asch

On Sat, 2 Jul 2016 02:04:14 -0000 (UTC), John Doe Gave us:

You could have bought a 500W hub motor for that much.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Sure - but could he drill holes with that??

Talking common sense to him won't do any good - he's in lovew with his illegal motorcycle.

Reply to
clare

The issue of Fab Shop with your bike in it will be out in a couple of weeks. I'll let you know.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 09:04:33 -0400, Ed Huntress Gave us:

Yeah... it goes ZOOM on a declined plane with a tailwind.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Did you see the video?

By the way, I have a story coming out in a couple of weeks about cordless tools. Metabo has a new angle-head grinder coming out. It's a

9-in. grinder and the 30V battery pack puts out 2,500 watts.

That's over 3 horsepower.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 10:10:41 -0400, Ed Huntress Gave us:

Do some math on batteries, and then determine that either the motor spec is a lie or the thing will only last 15 seconds.

Oh and BTW that is over 83 amps. So another FAIL / LIE hint would be the gauge of the feed wires to the motor.

Use some common sense, people!

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Their present battery is 6.2 Ah. The new one, IIRC, will be something like 9 Ah.

So the run time is around 6.5 minutes, not 15 seconds. And the tool is not likely to be used continuously at full power. The conductors, if I understand correctly, are copper bars. I'm more interested in how they handle that amperage in a compact brushless motor than in how they get it there.

Keep in mind, also, that Metabo has wireless charging. In industry, the wireless charger is used to keep topping up the battery, when you put the tool down for any reason.

Go watch one of their 1,200 - 1,300 watt tools if you don't believe they can do 2,500.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

"DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Segways put out about that much power from two motors that fit into standard 8 ounce coffee cups (I just checked).

--jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

On Sat, 02 Jul 2016 12:32:31 -0400, Ed Huntress Gave us: snip

9Ah will do 9 amps for ONE hour.

At 83 Amps, it wouldn't last ten minutes. Does not seem very useful, especially for powering a bicycle.