OT: Photos of mystery revolver

I have placed photos of a six shot 6mm pocket revolver manufactured by the "Manufacture d'Armes et Cycles de Saint Etienne", model "Petit Formidible", in the dropbox. The manufacturer is well known but I can find no history of this model. It arrived in the US as a war souvenir following WWII. Can someone provide light?

The files:

Kevin Gallimore

axolotl