PING: Larry Jaques-following error video

Greetings Larry, Over a year ago I asked if anyone was interested in seeing a short video that briefly explains in a limited fashion following error in an electronic servo system. Well, I have finally managed to get the video uploaded to youtube after many tries. A new app called "Capture" enabled me to do this upload. So I hope better late than never applies here. Cheers, Eric

Reply to
etpm

Bob Engelhardt

Whoops! It would help if I put the link or the url in the message. Thanks Bob. Eric

Reply to
etpm

Cool. I like the use of the differential to indicate following error -- that's a nifty trick.

If you ever do it again, de-tune the servo so that it has a settling time of a quarter of a second or so, then spin the input shaft so people can see the indicator swaying around. Then tune it up so that it's responding like yours there.

Reply to
tim

Yeah, I was just about to point that out when I saw the next message. Thanks. I'll go watch.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

That's a good idea Tim. I think I'll try it Eric

Reply to
etpm