PING: Larry Jaques-following error video

Greetings Larry, Over a year ago I asked if anyone was interested in seeing a short video that briefly explains in a limited fashion following error in an
electronic servo system. Well, I have finally managed to get the video uploaded to youtube after many tries. A new app called "Capture" enabled me to do this upload. So I hope better late than never applies here. Cheers, Eric
On 9/25/2014 12:11 PM, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhVeLxi7kg

On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 13:01:48 -0400, Bob Engelhardt

Whoops! It would help if I put the link or the url in the message. Thanks Bob. Eric
On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:14:42 -0700, etpm wrote:

Cool. I like the use of the differential to indicate following error -- that's a nifty trick.
If you ever do it again, de-tune the servo so that it has a settling time of a quarter of a second or so, then spin the input shaft so people can see the indicator swaying around. Then tune it up so that it's responding like yours there.
--
www.wescottdesign.com

That's a good idea Tim. I think I'll try it Eric
On Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:14:42 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote:

Yeah, I was just about to point that out when I saw the next message. Thanks. I'll go watch.
--
Give me the luxuries of life.
I can live without the necessities.