spray paint can question

LOL. Geez, I never tried the lathe bed for grinding floor tiles. I've always use the granite surface plate -- but the working height of the lathe bed might indeed be easier on my back. Thanks!

Reply to
Don Foreman

May have been sold by Boots but was made by Edme - I have one down in the "brewery" that I used a few times, even modified the shelving (metal content) in the beer fridge to accommodate the unit. but was never satisfied. The beer was made in a separate vessel then racked into the pressure barrel and a bit more sugar added for carbonation. If anyone wants to try it, it is free to a good home including 8 or 10 of the CO2 cartridges and instructions. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Sorry, my sarcasm should have been clearer. I am a sport diver myself. Dive shops have to assume their clientele are idiots. I know from experience that one breath of seawater will lower your effective IQ quite a bit.

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

valve

Very nice. I am reading the webpage now. I would love to make some carbonater.

Ignoramus26153

Hey, wachitt Don! I represent that remark!

(Or s**t, I meant to say resent.)

That old "rapture of the deep" just keeps coming back I guess, though it's been at least 40 years since I last pulled on a wet suit.

Me and my diving buddy circa the early 60s:

Metal content...lead diving weights and the metal CO2 cartridge holders over her right boob and my left.

We made our own wet suits back then (Trace, snip and glue.), and I came up with the bright idea of installing the rubber bladders from a couple of "Mae West" life vests inside our wet suit jackets, with the CO2 and oral inflators outside, to use if we needed emergency flotation.

Before some wisenheimer asks, the offset locations of those CO2 cartridge holders on our two suits didn't didn't cause us any underwater entanglements. I'm righthanded and she was sinistral*, so I picked those locations for activtion by our dominant hands.

She got some strange looks from people by standing on the beach and popping the CO2, long before Dolly Parton became a household word.

Jeff

Jeff Wisnia

Seems appropriate to add this here for any of you not yet familiar with it:

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia

Reply to
Roger

Reply to
~Roy

Is it the plastic nozzle that is clogged, or the valve in the can? If it is just the nozzle, you can replace it with a similar nozzle.

One tip to prevent clogging, always replace the can cover as soon as possible after cleaning the nozzle.

Reply to
Don Stauffer

How about a freon can tap? You know, the clamp-on type with a barbed needle to pierce the side of the can. Usually come with a shim or two for various sizes of cans. I think it can get small enough to grab a spray paint can. Do it up high to vent the pressure instead of the paint. And yes, this article just appeared on my news spool today. Weird.

Reply to
B.B.

How about this - throw the plugged can in the trash and buy a new one? I've seen two people try to do what you're suggesting, and both times they ended up with a big mess.

Reply to
Tim Killian

What happened? They poke the seam and rip the can open?

Reply to
B.B.

Snip My plans to use it in an airbush

I just had this problem . I drilled a small hole in the top of the can and let the gas out paint started coming out along with the gas and I held a rag over the can until the hissing stopped. Then tipped the can up and the gas mixed in with the paint squirted the paint into the cup of my touch up gun. I painted my composite gun stock with the spray gun and it came out perfectly. I could have waited and ordered a new tip from Brownell's for $4 plus shipping and waited three days. I chose to sacrifice an ounce of paint and get the job done. I saved the leftover paint in an airtight can and will use it again.

Reply to
Tom Wait

The first was my older brother who used a nail to puncture a small, plugged-up can of Testors spray paint so he could finish a model he was building. The can got away from him and rolled across his bedroom floor spewing red paint. My mother wasn't amused. The second was a machinist friend who used a dental probe to try and unclog the stem on a can of white spray paint. It suddenly spewed in his face -- he is a black guy

-- and everyone in his shop must have laughed for ten minutes at the result. Imagine black-face makeup in reverse!

I suppose you could put the can inside a big trash bag, go outdoors, and puncture it to try and save the paint. I wouldn't bother with it. If the cops see you, they'll arrest you for huffing ;-)

Reply to
Tim Killian

I had something like that happened with a can of gold spray paint once. It was on the floor ,behind something else. Not knowing it was there, I knocked someti=thing bag and sharp off of a bench, and was amazed when every thing in my line of sight near the floor magically turned to gold in an instant. THought there was something seriously wrong with my eyes for a moment.

jk

Reply to
jk

Good idea - upside down from the all metal end. Have the can resting up-side-down for a good while to help drain stuff and keep the Freon system clean.

I might just do that myself - needing it also.

B.B. wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn