This is testing? Set 415

Rob posted this set Thursday:

Burns

Reply to
J Burns

Now I imitated Rob's form and sent it to all three groups. It came through Eternal September's server. I wonder why his don't!

Reply to
J Burns

So, you are seeing the same problem as me? I saw your 'Original'.

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

Thanks for doing the tests, I guess the best way to find out is for someone to ask ES, they have a feedback form on their web site. If you do contact them please let us know when they reply.

Reply to
Rob H.

Now you need to repeat your test every week for the next 414 weeks, and see how long before they don't show up.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I suspect they are filtering your posts on purpose, somebody probably complained (probably more than one person), Ray has been known to filter out a specific individual or type of post. It obviously isn't you, otherwise your followups wouldn't appear.

Reply to
FrozenNorth

FrozenNorth wrote: ) On 11/19/11 6:09 AM, Rob H. wrote: )> Thanks for doing the tests, I guess the best way to find out is for )> someone to ask ES, they have a feedback form on their web site. If you )> do contact them please let us know when they reply. )>

) I suspect they are filtering your posts on purpose, somebody probably ) complained (probably more than one person), Ray has been known to filter ) out a specific individual or type of post. It obviously isn't you, ) otherwise your followups wouldn't appear.

I find it far more likely that it triggered automatically because the content of the post is the same each time.

Asking ES for feedback is the best option, I guess.

SaSW, Willem

Reply to
Willem

Ok i asked got this

Thus spake Robin Halligan

Interesting. The last update of Cleanfeed was applied in June and after that time these posts were rejected as spam. There is indeed a spammy pattern in these posts (and newsguy postings in general get a negative initial score, just like Google), but they should not be rejected. Will look into this and hopefully get it fixed before the next posting.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Reply to
Robin Halligan

Thanks! Glad to see that they have good customer service there.

Reply to
Rob H.