What is it? Set 423

2449 honey server, for people who love BIG cups of coffee 2450, you posted something like this, years ago. The hole slips over an index or other finger, and the hook is used to move threads on a loom. 2451 Herman Munster's paint roller tray. d'uh!! 2452, an early holder for "tacky finger" or other secretarial product. 2453 used in doing plaster bandage, such as a doctor would use. 2454. These are used by stone cutters. How much would you pay for this set? 149.99? No! Not that much. How about $119.99? No, not that much! And we'll even throw in the tomato slicer, and the onion dicer, for no extra charge. And now, how much would you pay for this?

.

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I scrolled the entir epage, and didn't see it. More detail, please.

.

Is it cheating to go searching? If not, I found a picture and brief description of #2452 here:

Stormin Mormon

Herman will be disappointed.

Lilly wanted the upstairs painted.

.

Correct, it's a horse trough

Reply to
Stormin Mormon
3rd pic down. It's part of the set of shotgun reloading tools.

Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

Reply to
willshak

I would not be so sure unless you have actually seen it, seems a horse trough would be much larger and deeper and taller. This thing really only looks to be 12" wide and about 6 inches tall if in fact it is 6' long. Looks more like a tray to catch water from a down spout on the side of a house. The grass, twigs, and leaves make this thing look relatively small.

Reply to
Leon

It appears to be 3" deep, would freeze damage be a worry?

Reply to
Leon

Rob H. wrote the following:

I have a small box shaped like a pirate's treasure chest. It has a similar latch, but mine is about 1". This part would be on the lid. The 'hook' slides into a hole in the other part on the chest. Or, I am completely wrong.

Reply to
willshak

Anyone not on broadband would probably watch those pics load until tomorrow.

5616 x 3744 ?
Reply to
willshak
2453 - River Side Manufacturing Co., in Murfreesboro, NC, is a basket making company. It would seem to be a tool for weaving baskets. If it has a specific weaving use, I wouldn't know what that is.

Sonny

Reply to
Sonny

Thanks, saw it that time. Ring to pull out the shells from the reloader.

.

3rd pic down. It's part of the set of shotgun reloading tools.

Stormin Mormon wrote the following:

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

Plenty of people live in areas where high speed is not available.

.

who is not on broadband?

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

who is not on broadband?

Reply to
Steve Barker

You're on the right track, they aren't for weaving though they are basket related.

Reply to
Rob H.

Hey Mr. Imnotamused, i already have reduced them to 8 mb each.

mfg Chris

okok, you are right. Next time smaller pics.

Reply to
Christian Stüben

me

Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

The number you are looking for is in the 250kb range.

Reply to
Leon

The owner of it said that's why they're sloped, I don't know for sure if expanding ice is a legitimate worry or not. One detail about it that I forgot to mention is that it has a drain hole in the right corner.

Four of the six were correctly identified this week, the answers can be seen at this address:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Soooooo if it has a drain hole in a corner how would it hold water....? Still looks like a gutter down spout tray to keep water from washing out soil. ;~)

Leon

With no big surprise, I get zero of six.

No worries, it's all good.

.

Four of the six were correctly identified this week, the answers can be seen at this address:

Rob

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I wonder if it was designed for making ice? Each trough might make 1500 pounds per night. The season would be longer and the harvesting easier than with a pond.

In addition to preventing freeze damage, the sloped sides could allow extraction. The farmer would probably line the concrete with something smooth and slick. He'd lay a chain across the bottom near each end. He'd fill the trough with water and when it froze, jack up the block at each end with the chains, rest it on boards across the trough, and break it with a chisel.

Reply to
J Burns