Whatzit -- hydraulic clamping tower?

I have this tower here.

Any idea who made it? It weighs 1,000 lbs.

Ignoramus20433

Usually this type of tooling is designed and built by the end user, out of compoment parts that were supplied by several different manufacturers.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

Hey Iggy,

Take all the bolted on components off, and you will be left with a "tombstone". Useful for multi-part loading of whatever for (usually) CNC milling. Used as a 4-position right-angle-plate.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell.

ps...are you going to IMTS next month. I can't go this year due to Frances' health, but if you want a ticket...?????

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Its a fixture "tombstone" from a CNC mill or machining center.

Probably custom made for the job.

Gunner

One bleeding-heart type asked me in a recent interview if I did not agree that "violence begets violence." I told him that it is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure

- and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more in return than he can enjoy.

- Jeff Cooper

Reply to
Gunner