Whither Gunner?

I've noticed a couple of pings to Gunner in the last day or two, but I don't recall seeing any responses from him.

Given his recent medical adventures, has anyone heard that he is OK?

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

I got an email from him a few days ago.

His ex was coming in with kids, grandkids, cats, dogs, and squeeky brakes.

And he had to go down to So. Cal for a few days.

Richard

Reply to
cavelamb

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 23:53:03 GMT, the infamous Doug White scrawled the following:

He's busy and seldom answers during the week. He'll likely pop up tomorrow or Sunday with 100 replies.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I saw a post on a.m.c. made on 4/15.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

maybe he got a job.

Reply to
pmv

Here are a few highlights from my list of the top 1000 reasons that gummer's MIA.

  1. Posting under nyms at alt.social-security-disability.
  2. ISP terminated his connection due to non-payment.
  3. Nervous breakdown after reading latest 2010 election predictions.
- -
  1. Sulking over restraining order filed against him by Ann Coulter.
- -
  1. Ill after hunger drove him to begin eating his ammunition.
- - 137. Skipping along yellow brick road after recent tornado. - - - 358. Freeing up bandwidth for Pope's imminent announcement that religion is a cruel fraud. - - - 423. Called out of retirement by CIA to lead crack team preventing planetary collisions. - - - - 897. Peddling to Deucalion's house. 898. Got a job. 899. Quit Usenet after epiphany about wasted decade. - - - - -

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Im here.

Got home at 3am this morning after 2 weeks in LA, helping to shut down factories .....sigh.

Closed up my RV,,rented it out to a retired gal actually.

Its getting really really grim here in California. Its the first state typically into the toilet...with 11% unemployment (and soon to be more)

You boys out East...your turn is next.

Im setting up my home shop to do the small stuff the 1 surviving machine shop cant do, plus gun smithing etc.

We are gonnna be in for a VERY rough ride.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do--- his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him. The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies. He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Welcome back. As for the economy, it's going to be a LONG time before things get back to where they were (if ever), but there at least seem to be signs of life here & there. I passed two stores yesterday that were hiring. Hardly great jobs, but there's some work out there.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

More "California advertising", eh, gummer? Try 8 days, which included some travel time.

15th PM to 23rd PM. Even if you were working (which I don't believe), it would have been barely a week. Although I'm sure it would have seemed longer to someone so out of practice.

Before the election you said it was peachy. How did it get so bad in so few months?

Speak for yourself. While you were sitting on your ass wasting your life on Usenet embellishing a phony persona and getting hopelessly into debt

some of us worked toward self-sufficiency.

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE