Subject Author Posted Replies

O T mountain bikes
Does anyone have experience with mountain bikes? Im looking to upgrade mine and my daughters (she is 8 going on 9, hers is to small.) I currently have a Mongoose, which states on the bike " designed...
15
15

heavy etching cast iron
I think this is going to be a disaster. I have experience with Ferric Chloride, at least, as a copper etchant. Your problem is that you may initially get just what you are looking for, and then, 2...
7
7

WTD plans for a PIG Roaster
Looking for simple plans for pig roaster, out of steel drum or whatever. With or without turning gear. Any plans or picutres. some simple plans for a 80lb pig or under under. cadrian at idirect dot...
11
11

best manual impact wrench?
... or compact battery-electrical one? this is only for breaking/cracking of rusted nuts. no real time capacity is needed. in other words tons of starting torque required, not very much else needed....
2
2

pressure washers
Can the output pressure of the small 4-6 hp gas pressure washers be turned down? For example could a 4hp 2000psi/2.0gpm karcher be turned down to ~1300psi? If not could the intake source be restricted...
4
4

anyone know what a "pork chop pancake" drill is?
You'd think the pic would be self-evident, but in this case it isn't. I don't have any particular interest in this item, I'm just curious. Anyone know what these are used for?
7
7

looking for phenolic sheet source / info
I have been looking around for a source for phenolic sheet (1 inch thick), and am having trouble getting a decent quote on this product. I am in western Canada, and would appreciate any input the...
6
6

Where is Pete Albrecht?
Last time Pete and I corresponded, he indicated he was very busy. -Carl
17
17

What is the future of manufacturing?
As an older tool & die / mold maker I to have been thinking about this very question. The orinaginal poster is in a racing shop, this is about as safe as one can get, as they need rapid turn over....
146
146

C-Clamp Obviousity
While tightening a 3" C-clamp today my eye fell on the lettering cast on the body. Now I've seen manuafacturer's names, "Malleable, "Pearlitic", inch sizes and lately with metric equivalents, and for...
7
7

is there a 1-ton pickup with a real PTO?
Having just sold my boom truck primarily for insurance reasons, I'm now looking to buy a truck I can insure. Meaning, a 1-ton or less, e.g. F350. I'm considering a hydraulic tiltback trailer, but I'm...
15
15

Please help ID a titanium bolt
G'Day, I picked up a bolt from the scrap dealer which I'm sure is some form of titanium alloy...(due to it's weight, corrosion resistance, non-magnetic and sparks) The head of the bolt is stamped UT...

Lincoln invertor Welder for sale CC/CV 350AMP
I wish I could use this, but I don't have 3 phase. I bought it thinking it was a plasma cutter and was buying it for a friend(it was listed that way on ebay,the guy was not a welder and he got it with...
6
6

Formula for spring constant?
If I make a helical spring out of size X music wire, of length L and diameter D, with N number of turns, does anyone have a formula for the spring constant? This could be in pounds per inch or any...
12
12

Why filinig for a patent?
After reading a lot of sources on US Patenting process I came to a conclusion that a patent will not protect your in any way from infringement. (Unless you have a bunch of lawyers on salary, of...
27
27