Subject Author Posted Replies

5HP 230v drive brake resistors
I have a milling machine that I acquired cheaply, due to a failed sipndle VFD drive and burned out brake resistors. The drive was professionally repaired and works great. However, I am a little...
29
29

Follow-up on the "Lagunmatic 320" 5HP CNC mill (it is for sale now)
As I mentioned, the spindle drive on it was bad. A professional fixed it for me and the mill now runs great. i Lagunmatic CNC Milling Machine
2
2

Help with welding symbol use
I have a question about the "weld-all-around" symbol. We have a detail where we have a stiffener plate welded to the inside of an I-beam. It is welded on the full lengths of each flange and along the...
1
1

TV prepper had (metal) guns stolen by government
TinyURL was created! The following URL: -defense-of-david-sarti-the-doomsday-pre pper-who-was-declared-mentally-incompete nt-and-had-his-guns-seized-by-government _02142012 has a length of 169...

Riots (and flying lead?) after the election?
(Edited for length, read full article on the web.) 10 urgent preparations for possible riots after the Presidential election Sunday, October 21, 2012 by Mike Adams, the Health Ranger If Romney wins...

Boring an engine with a hone?
At the machine shop where I once worked, we would reline cylinders used to extrude melted plastic for record (remember them?) production. Anyway, the stainless steel liner was pressed in the cylinder,...
17
17

PING: Bill Noble
Just got a bunch of 50's through early 70's car mags. Hot Rod March 1973. No Jive '55 . Izzat you?

Metalworking Serendipity
One of the time honored responsibility of those of us who have daughters is waiting for said daughters ballet practice to get over. Most of the time I catch up on reading and half listen to the Moms...

Interesting chatter case
I spent a while this afternoon turning a rough sawn aluminum disc for a reel flange to 6" diameter. Earlier I put it on the aluminum reel center with a shrink fit. I was taking small cuts to avoid...
4
4

Tap saves the day
I don't like using high spiral taps because they are more prone to breakage. For blind holes I like form taps better. So usually if the material allows it I will use form taps. But I had a job last...
2
2

Mini gloat
Well it's not the most highly-desired piece of metalworking equipment, and it's certainly not the biggest bonus per pound, but for $25 - delivered - I am happy with it. Jon
16
16

What is it? Set 463
Today's set has been posted: Rob
39
39

Experience with pallet jack
I was phone interviewing one guy today for an open position. I asked what experience he has and with what. He told me that "he has a lot of experience using pallet jack" (end of experience). i
10
10

OT internet site blocked
I make a fair number of purchases from an internet site that suddenly quit working for me It had worked for a very long time and they have a lot of my money. i like to watch them for sales. Any way,...
56
56

My Economy car problem
I got a 2002 Ford Escort a little over a year ago, bought it with 84k miles, now has 111k miles. Engine failed last Wednesday on the way to work. Engine is 2.0 SOHC VIN "P", known for dropping valve...
24
24