Subject Author Posted Replies

rigging in welding and for ironworkers
Hi everyone Wanted to ask you as folk involved in welding and steels about your experience rigging and work with ropes. Worked on construction sites here in UK and used some rigging skills. All my...
21
21

KO Lee Tool & Cutter Grinder question
I have a model 900 with the arbor sticking out both sides of the motor. A former owner installed some sort of home made spindle on the right hand arbor and I can't get it unscrewed. The left side...
16
16

Cutting pavers update
Thanks! I went to Home Despot and the greeter girl says "Hello, how are you today?" I said "I get to buy POWER TOOLS, it's a guy thing." She said "Yep, it's a guy thing!" So I got this cool Ryobi 4.5"...
9
9

A realization on "G code scripts"
I had a little light bulb go off in my head. I think that I know what to do. I will have functions that could combine different machining notions together. For example, say, I have a steel plate. I...
38
38

Form tap or cut tap 1/2-13 in 12L14?
Awl -- Sorta like a round coupling nut, tapped 1 3/4" through, axially. Will be drilled, rigid tapped on a fadal. Had cut tapped these before, just wondering if form tapping would be better, what...
25
25

Spring winding advice
I need to wind a couple of large-diameter, fine wire springs. (light force, balancing device. And I cannot find any "stock" springs that fit the bill) I have good luck with wire that is larger, and...
45
45

Picture of the ways
18
18

Servo motors buzzing when mill is stopped
When my mill is stopped, my servos "buzz" bzzz.......bzzzzzz....bzz I have a feeling is that I need to "tune it". I believe that the story is that the motors move due to imperfect TEST/OFFSET setting)...
29
29

Virus Attacks Siemens
"Virus Attacks Siemens Plant-Control Systems " [ .... Computer hackers have designed a virus that targets industrial control systems built by German engineering giant Siemens AG, activating a kind of...
17
17

Mill homing and "drills bolt holes"
Homing takes about 2 minutes now. After homing the mill, I felt adventurous and ran some G code from scripts. All dry of course. I tried drilling a bolt hole pattern. It kind of worked, but would...
22
22

knots to archery to atlatls
Anyone here have any experience with atlatls? They were invented approximately 40,000 years ago, and are the link in the chain from spear to bow and arrow with atlatl filling in the longest time span....
29
29

End Mill Care & Storage
Can anyone give me ides on their preferred way of taking care of their end mills? I recently received some end mills via eBay and they arrived loosely in a plastic bag. :-( (Some of them do however...
8
8

Need help with homing (only limit switches wired as ONE circuit)
OK, the Z axis seems to work and, when commanded to move 1 inch, moves exactly one inch. Tis tells me that the encoder was installed correctly despite problems with the hub. Now I moved on to homing....
2
2

Got the Z axis wired too
It was kind of bad. The hex hole oin the setscrew on the encoder wheel stripped, because the thread around it was not done all the way. I had to do some stupid stuff to get it to go. I think that I...
2
2

How long would a carbide drill last drilling steel
Let's say, for example sake, that I use a carbide 3/16" drill to drill many holes in 1/4", 1018 plate. Assuming good coolant and reasonable feedrates etc, how many holes would this drill bit make...
27
27