Subject Author Posted Replies

9" SB lathe bed worn---options? (Metal content!! Long)
Bought a 9" with a 4.5 ft bed, made around 1948. Front of the front V and the back of the back V are worn, the front is much worse. Fingernail catches easily near the top of the V. Options seem to be:...
12
12

FS - Lincoln Square Wave 175 Pro
Was pointed out that there was a more realistic price, and after doing a little reading I had to agree. So, new lower price -
3
3

anyone want 3 old criterion pamphlets
three old pamphlets - 2 are boring tools, one is boring heads - these are fold out pamphlets, nothing to hint at date but the other stuff with them was from the 70s - if anyone wants them, email me...

PEX or PVC
I have about 200 feet of water line to run to my building. There are a few sharp turns. Would it be better to use pex or pvc? Also, weather is turning near freezing here and alot of rain. Does that...
10
10

Kidde I-valve
Sort of metal related... Came across a couple of 75# CO2 tanks used in a Kidde fire extinguisher setup. They currently have Kidde I-Valves installed. The fortunate(?) part is that the tanks are still...
8
8

0-1 failure to fully harden?
Months ago, we made some small machine parts from 1" x 1/2" x 2" ground stock from McMaster. The instructions to my heat-treater were to make them "as hard as possible" 58-63R. They are a big outfit...
3
3

Shop Vac Air Lift Platform
Crated with the accessories I ordered, my Smithy Super Shop weighed 850 pounds or so. The rated weight is 480 pounds at: we read "WE SQUEEZED A 500 SQ. FT. WOOD SHOP INTO JUST 12 SQUARE FEET!" 480...
31
31

My stupid question of the month coupon
I was futzing with my computer the other day, and reset something. Now instead of a vertical line for a cursor, I have a black block about 3/16" square. I've roamed control panel, and inputted it into...
17
17

Conduit help
What is the best way to make one inch conduit fit when runnign from a floor sub to an attached panel? I mean, if it is flush with the bottom of the panel the threaded nipple will be too short. And if...
1
1

AA rechargable battery life tester
With accumulation of AA rechargable cells I've bought over the years. Would be nice to make some kind of life tester. I have been toying with the idea of some kind of resistor, for load. Also run a...
12
12

Colorado USA area snow storm
One more time, the midwest USA (in particular, Denver, CO) is getting a snow storm before the rest of the country. Do we have anyone in that area? Are the roads passable? Is the power on? Are the...
37
37

OT: Slime update
No, it isn't political. ;) I pulled the snowblower out of the shed today and the tires still had air in them! That stuff is awesome. Wes
8
8

fa Explosimeter - for those who want to weld or work in areas that might be dangerous
I ended up, kinda to my surprise, with a just refurbished explosimeter - this is a current production item, factory serviced/calibrated 11-24-09 - I set the ebay start price at about 10% of new,...
9
9

Christmas Decorations
To All: I was sent this, and laughed so hard I thought I'd share it. ============================================================== Subject: Fwd: Christmas Decorations Well, there is good news and bad...
3
3

PLC?
My first winter project is on my new high tunnel (greenhouse) High temperature control by ventilation is critical for good growing. I will be ventilating by using a rollup side curtain. I plan to...
98
98