urgent alert: Property stolen

I had a pump action.. At the time of Mr Martin shot the burglar it could have been held legally. Pumps are now restricted to a 3 shot capacity... mine held a possibly excessive 7 in the magazine ( + 1 loaded ). I sold it along with my other side by side gun when I worked out I was spending more time filling in licence forms than I was shooting :-(

Reply to
Jonathan Barnes

Perfectly legal to own a 3-shot pump action shotgun in UK ( I have one). Ditto for a semiautomatic. Need to get a firearms certificate if you want (need?) a bigger magazine: up to 8 shot is possible with the normal tubular magazine. If there's one thing "Forensic Detectives" on Home & Leisure channel can teach you its the fact that you must get rid of the body. Once they find that, you're in deep doodoos! I have a friend who runs hounds & is the local knackerman. That's what I'm planning should the Labour Party come canvassing here!! (Tip of the day. Pigs worked very well for a Polish farmer not 10 miles from here about 50 years ago)

----------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com

jrlloyd

Even easier, fit the body with a long white wig and a waistcoat and stick it in the House of Lords. They will never find it there.

Lord Lucan dropped that tip out.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Pigs deal with bones quite well, not like lions, as a couple found out recently in South Africa..

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I believe it was a 5-shot Winchester.

He'd had his shotgun licence revoked after shooting at someone stealing apples from his orchard.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

ISTR at the original trial it was held that he was, if not lying it wait at least fully prepared to deal fatally with any intrusion, hence the murder verdict. The reduction to manslaughter was, I think, based on his mental condition.

So if your mother in law comes round & gives you too much grief, it's OK to terminate her provided you do it on your land?

More likely because they weren't covered with stickers warning of the dangers, preferably graphic ones which no-one can understand rather than written ones

Cheers Tim (who's been spared ever having a mother-in-law to suffer grief from)

Tim Leech

Since plod uses the stuff and claims that it doesn't do any harm, would it be reasonable to have (lots of) Tabasco sauce in (big)mist oilers connected to the airline via the burgly alarum?

mark rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I'm sure we could rustle up a few spare ones if you feel deprived ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Nah, thanks. I met my wife's mother but she died before we married. She seemed then a very nice lady, I prefer to remember her that way. Maybe she wouldn't have seemed so nice after a few years of marriage

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

You can have mine. She's the only person to have been expelled from the SS for cruelty.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Ah! Happy memories of Les Dawson.... can you play the piano at all John?

----------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com

jrlloyd

Ever heard of or tried Dave's Ultimate Insanity sauce ? A small drop is extremely potent Carries a warning to not get on your skin. Wiping my brow while cooking a strong chilli a small amount no more than fumes must have been deposited and perspiration soon carried into the eyes. caused more irritation than getting bleach in them. If I had cause to regularly walk through a dodgy area I would make sure that at least one cheese sandwich was dosed. Probably still get prosecuted but Mugger stunned by Stilton would look good in the local rag.

There is actually a scale to measure this sort of thing in units called Scovels.

Normal everyday tabasco is about 2500 to 5000 units.

Dave's Ultimate Insanity about 90,0000.

There are /were a couple of other daft sauces around that were hotter.

Police issue pepper spray rates at 2000,000

G.Harman

Reply to
g.harman

What are you trying to say about her children? :-)

Reply to
Neil Ellwood

If so, I hope he can play over the hills & far away ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Have you guys heared of this. its patented ,approved and launching this month.

It sprays the intruder with a red die. not any old red die this red die has to be metabolised off and has DNA tracker in it . it also floureces under ultra violet. i recently ..(last week) went to a meeting to discus the with the inventor all the merits and benefits of this device. the inventor is a member of wales innovators network .which I'm also a member. Anyone from wales can join this club ...meetings are held every month. The Wales Innovators Network is a FREE support service devised specifically for individual innovators and inventors.

This unique network offers a range of professional advice, practical support and commercial connections. been to a few meetings now......great place to meet and talk to like minded people.

If you have some good ideas and are from wales get in touch with them.you wont be disapointed heres there webpage.

Sorry english guys your going to have to pay mr bayliss if you want the same thing. All the best...mark

Reply to
mark

month.

Isn't that racist?

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Not since the Berlin wall came down

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

AAArrrggghhhh!! I'll second that - I love hot stuff & get through Tabasco by the 45 gallon drum, but Dave's is truly Insane. One drop of that on the tongue would be enough to disable even Les Dawson's mother in law!

----------------------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@boltblue.com

jrlloyd

Along with other Usual Suspects, I correspond on the Stationary Engine NG as well. I had a possibly worthwhile plan which I bandied about for making yer stuff harder to nick - take the trolley wheels off and store them elsewhere. Not a lot of use for those amongst us who have lightweight stuff like helicolopters to take care of, but keeping the machines with the rotors off and the radio controls in the house (for instance) would make them less attractive.

Ever since I had a workshop break in some years ago now, I've kept socket sets, power tools et al in another place. The back door is the only way in and it is not only locked but barred too. The door that opens onto the lane are steel clad firestop doors, with standard exit bar furniture on the inside, beefed up by a specially constructed drop in steel bar that is padlocked into place. The top and bottom bolts are also padlocked.

You can't stop them, but you can hopefully make it so difficult they will look elswhere..

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

The only entrance to my shed (the walls are hawthorn hedge+brick+1/8" steel plate) is through my dog pen.

I defy anyone to get close enough to open the gate without waking the neighbourhood, let alone angle grinding the lock guard off, and passing two BIG alsatian/akita x-breeds[1].

[1] Who can also dispose of the bones ;.)
Reply to
bigegg