Where can I buy decent large hand files?

A couple of years ago I bought a couple of 14" hand files which were a delight to use when new but, being labelled Draper, they haven't lasted too well.

Any ideas on where I might buy good quality, e.g. Nicholson or Stubs,

14" files?

Bob

Reply to
BobKellock

Here:

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Stubs haven't made files for quite a long time

Tim

Tim Leech

You beat me to it Tim, I used to maintain the Stubs telephone system & towards the end, (10 years ago) they were only making silver steel. ISTR that they had a sales office nearby but a google search doesn't seem to find them.

Reply to
Dave Croft

J&L do nice Vallorbe files at 14"

-- Myford Mat

this thread:

Myford Matt

They're still in business, just off the Causeway, making silver steel & shim. ISTR reading somewhere that they hadn't actually made the files sold under their name for quite a while, they had been bought in & relabelled, but that may be a figment of my imagination.

Tim

Tim Leech

I was just going to say I think Vallorbe much the best.

Reply to
Charles Lamont