simplified rep

I created a simplifed rep of a part. Now when I open the part, I canot see the simplified rep listed in the box. So I have to open the master rep. Then it allows me to select the simplifed rep by setting it from the simplified rep menu.

This part is also placed in an assembly, and I would like to substitute the master rep with the simplified rep. But when I redefine it, the box for simplified rep is greyed out. Any ideas anyone?

Dave

Reply to
dakeb

It's been a long time, but I think you have to create an assembly rep and make the switch there.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

So I can't include simplified reps of parts in the master rep of my assembly??

Why can't I open the simp rep of the part from the file open dialogue box?

Reply to
dakeb