suppressing individual group members

From the Proe rel 2001 help files:- About Suppressing Individual Group Members Beginning with Pro/ENGINEER release 2001 you can suppress individual features that are members of a group without destroying (ungrouping) the group first. In order to suppress individual group members, you must first set the configuration option del_gp_memb_ind to yes. If the configuration option is set to no (the default setting), the system does not allow you to select individual group members from the Model Tree or Graphics window.

------

I am using Proe 2001 2004010. Anyone got any ideas why my config.pro file will not allow del_gp_memb_ind ?

Reply to
dakeb

I cut and pasted your option into mine by hand, started Pro/e and opened the options menu. Del_gp_memb_ind shows with a nogo symbol (slashed circle) next to it to indicate it's 'banned' condition. So, it's still a nogo in WF2. WF3 maybe!?! This seems like how they started talking about a Menu Mapper back in 20 but didn't get around to actually implementing it until i-squared. I have several theories about how crap like that gets into the documentation, but then I'd need a section called 'Rant to follow' and it still wouldn't be any help when you're just trying to get some useability/flexibility built into the group functionality. While it may yet happen, there'd be a better chance if people were filing enhancement requests and getting involved in the PRO/USER technical committees where such things also get discussed.

Reply to
David Janes

configuration

I logged a call with PTC and just got:-

"This is a hidden option which means that it is not supported yet. So this might not work as desired." I asked them since it is unsupported, how did it get into the help files? And why don't the help files list it as a hidden option? (They normally put discalimers with hidden options)

Got no reply yet.

Reply to
dakeb

Hope so. What I really want is a way out of the mess that's created when a failure of a grouped feature is encountered besides undo changes.

Reply to
Jeff Howard

Say; "Oops!". 8~)

Reply to