Upgrading To ProI 3.4 Next Monday... Any Post Installation Tips??

Hi Gang

Currently we are running WF2 M280. We are upgrading from our existing ProI 3.3 server to 3.4 (yes I know we are so far behind) this Monday. We have a new server up and running with ProI 3.4 M030 now with a dump from the production server and a copy of the vault files. The next steps are...

- have all users check in data to the production server

- cut off access to the production server

- dump and import the data to the new server

- copy the vault files from the production server to the new server.

- install the clients for access to the new server (done with a batch file).

Once we are up and running on Monday with the new server and our users can connect is there anything I should be worried about? Have I forgotten anything?

Thanks Andy

Reply to
Andy

There was a customer service bulletin about m60 but I don't remember anything untoward about m30. The only trouble I recall, and this was a few years ago now, was configuration stuff not making it across. Don't know of a way to save it, either. How do you get users and groups and permissions across? And naturally it concerns me that I didn't hear you say anything about testing this migration (a few times) before 'go live'.

David Janes

PS Why 3.4? Buying time? Doesn't buy much.

Reply to
Janes