$3 gas is here!

wrote:

Which will NOT happen from someone currently fully dependent on the nanny state, an above average portion were represented by NO refugees. Yes they are refugees.

Point.
More levies and dikes?
You KNOW nany state residents REFUSE to either move or change.
Jerry

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 13:13:13 GMT, Chuck Rudy

Oh man...that's a simple(relatively) change that's a great idea! I don't ever remember seeing or hearing any of the planners coming up with that before. You should work for the government.
Eldred

They were doing that. A friend of mine drove out on the inbound freeway Saturday evening before the storm.
Dave
It's called "Contra-Flow". Do a web search. It's been used for YEARS and was used this time.
If you had a car.....
--
-Fred Shecter
remove zorch two places to reply

It was? The only shots I saw on TV was taillights on the outgoing lanes, and empty lanes on the other side.
Eldred

They used contra-flow up until 6 hours before landfall, when the lanes were restored to their 'normal' directions so that emergency vehicles would be able to use them.
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ BEMRC - NAR Section #627
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 11:02:06 -0700, Mike Pearson <see .sig> wrote:

And so that the highway department had time to clean up so the barrels and cones wouldn't end up as missiles in the wind...
PRose

He said missiles.
On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 13:06:50 -0700, Jerry Irvine wrote:

Trying to keep some rocketry connection!! ;->
PRose
Eldred wrote:

Same here.
Chuck

Hello! I have a car! I've driven Contra-Flow! I'm not the one who proposed it as earth shattering disaster solution. Just saying they used it.
Dave
Eldred wrote:

No, he should get his facts straight. Friends of ours evac'd to Dallas last weekend, and they told us the highways were in fact being used with all lanes configured as outbound. That'd be I-10, IIRC.
Doug

Well, I'm guessing that he only saw the same pictures that I did - outbound lanes a parking lot, inbound lanes a ghostown...
Eldred
Eldred wrote:

Yep, I saw taillights on the right and ghost highway on the left.......never believe what you see on Fox News, I should really stop watching them......next disaster I'll surf to get a more balanced look.
Chuck

Yep.
Mostly state.

Phil Stein wrote:

I don't.
I wish the majority of folks there the best. My thoughts are with you, and I hope some of my dollars will be soon.
As for the looters, they should fry in hell...
David Erbas-White
My mothers youngest sister is still missing. Virtually no info is coming out of the area. . . .

I've heard there's an amateur radio website where you can ask for assistance to locate folks. Didn't quite hear the name, but I'm sure you could search to find it.
David Erbas-White
Chad L. Ellis wrote:

I'd start with the ARRL which is probably arrl.org
[been a Ham for almost 30 years, never joined anything]

Sorry to hear that Chad. I found my last relative today but still have friends missing.
God be with you and your family.
Dave