$3 gas is here!

Chad L. Ellis wrote:

That sucks. I hope and pray that she's ok.
BTW, has anyone heard from the folks at Giant Leap? They're in Baton Rouge.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Just got a email from a friend in Baton Rouge. She reported a loss of power but that was about it.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
the notorious t-e-d wrote:

Good, they're probably OK then.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Thankfully they're very very ok.
I'm still awaiting one more response. All fingers are crossed.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
My Aunt Francine has been found and in good health. They lived to the North of NO and managed to get out shortly after the storm.

Chad L. Ellis wrote:

That's great!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

No doubt!
On a related note, this morning I got the MOST pleasant phone call that totally made my day....certain friends of Ted from the NO area are a-ok!
To say the least....I beyond thrilled with said news.
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Good to hear.
Randy http://vernarockets.com /
It is possible for some people to think of more than one thing at a time. We're all sorry for the disaster, but everyone also has their own life to lead.
-- David

Big?
On Wed, 31 Aug 2005 22:39:56 GMT, "David Bacque"

I'm thankful that I can get gas at any price.

You're not dealing with a disaster. You're reading and posting to Usenet.
Glen Overby

Worrying about family. Spending days on the phone searching for loved ones. Donating money, food and water. Tomorrow we start cooking for and serving refugees. Along with the knowledge that many of my friends have had not only their possessions but their homes and jobs wiped from the face of the earth.
Even if you only watch the news and care you're dealing with it.
Not only the people who took the direct hit were effected. Were the people at ground zero the only ones effected by 9/11? Or has that disaster had any effect on you?
Dave
My work is about to take me to Houston's version of ground zero. The Astrodome. We will be responsible for security shortly. There are only 5k people there so far and the violence is already breaking out. Houston expects 150k refugees. The next 6 months will be a huge test.

Wow Chad, 150K? I hadn't heard numbers like that.
I guess your job will take you to the dome. I thought about volunteering there but decided that I couldn't handle it and would stay working with a local church.
Dave
The local deal would be a much better use of your time. The Dome is going to be a very chaotic place for a while.

I was reading in the Orlando Sentinel about how the Florida Airboat Association had mobiliized it's members and fully equipped and stocked their airboats to go and help rescue people,only to have FEMA refuse permission,which denies them support services.They had 500 airboats ready to travel to NOLA to help.
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

It's a very bad situation ...and I hope that next time they say evacuate more people will EVACUATE!..I'm sure there were exceptions but too many people did not take the warning seriously enough and unfortunately are in a very bad situation

Humm, I just saw it at 5.85 in parts and very displaced people are really worried about getting water let alone gas.
Please watch the news and see the people problem that is underway.