$3 gas is here!

$3.31 nearest my office (was $2.79 when I got to work) and by my house. A bit of driving got me down to $3.09.
What does that have to do with model rockets?
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

"shockwaveriderz" < snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

There is a rocket motor that uses gasoline.
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 02:57:03 -0400, Phil Stein

Systeme Solaire, IIRC.
- Rick "Sounds French to me" Dickinson
--
Prime Minister James Hacker: "Do we ever get our own way with the French?"
Sir Humphrey Appleby: "Sometimes."

Yep that's the one.

OK Model rocketeers need gasolines to get to launch sites. Since model rocketry is a leisure activity, in contrast to commuting to work, etc., more people will forgo driving to launches and flying model rockets, due to the higher cost of gas. Fortunately, we can still communicate news and ideas over the internet, without burning expensive gas.

27 CFR 555.141-a-8
27 CFR 555.141 exemptions (a) (8) Gasoline, fertilizers, propellant actuated devices, or propellant actuated industrial tools manufactured, imported, or distributed for their intended purposes.
About 6$ here...

$1.20/L here these days...
With conversions that puts it at about $3.82/Gallon....
R.

DAMN!! Where are you?
Regular is $3.00 here (Philly, PA)
Belgium, europe.

Oh about $9 a gallon. Been that way for years. $3 is nothing compared to what we pay for fuel in the UK.
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

Only because you've chosen to put high taxes on fuel.

We don't really have a lot of choice. We have a prime minister who does whatever GW tells him to do whether it's good for our people or the state of the planet or not. Jeez, this place depresses me!
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /
Chris Eilbeck wrote:

Oh, so you've only had high taxes for the last five years. I must have misunderstood... <G>
David Erbas-White

Welcome to rmr.

I'm glad we cleared that up!

No but the cost has risen by nearly 25% in the last five years due at least in part to funding expeditionary warfare to prop up your president.
How much did GW spend invading Iraq? $85B wasn't it? How much is being spent to help the victims of the hurricane?
Chris
--
Chris Eilbeck
MARS Flight Crew http://www.mars.org.uk /

A little over three years ago a barrel of oil was $7.50. Gas was still $9 a gallon in London. Somewhere near its mining cost. Now it is $65 ish and the rest is "fear premium".
Jerry

Chris Eilbeck wrote:

Hmm - you have no choice because Blair is overtaxing you - who put him in charge anyway?
You know, an English leader ovetaxing us is why we tossed you guys out two centuries ago!
Dale Greene

There is no credible alternative!
Chris