Troll somewhere else.
btw, do you fly rockets?
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Yes.
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

Steveo fly's rockets...good deal!
Maybe I'll see ya at a launch :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reagan: Well....there you go again..... being logical and all.... next thing you'll want to know is "what came first the oil or the well" uh... I mean the chicken or the egg.... no, I mean Exxon or Shell.... no, I mean...
The problem is that people always want it both ways. Fact is, oil was NOT the only reason for the war. The hurricane is NOT the only reason the prices are high. The prices are high because people are greedy and wasteful and the government holds no one accountable, mainly because they are in it up to the hilt. And that's ALL of them, from Teddy to Codolesa.
Randy www.vernarockets.com
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:35:25 -0500, Alex Mericas

Right. In fact is is logical to refine crude oil near the point of origin, before shipping, especially if the point of origin has lower labor and environmental costs, compared to US based refineries.

No, but it is difficult to guess to which troop deployment strategy will get the oil flowing for freely the quickest. IMHO we need to win the war in Afghanistan (and where ever) against organized terrorism... As noted above, I'm not sure we have a refinery capacity problem, in the long run.

It's not just about oil, or even WMD. Bush just wanted to finish the job his daddy started.
On Tue, 06 Sep 2005 13:35:25 -0500, Alex Mericas

What makes you think that we went to war to *lower* oil prices?
I'd imagine that the representatives from the fine state of Halliburton might object to a policy like that....
- Rick "You can't out-cynical reality" Dickinson
--
"Has anyone got a reference cynic? I think I need to
recalibrate myself."

Well, someone just called ME and idiot for making this same observation, so I guess you've just joined the club :-)
On 7 Sep 2005 11:49:46 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

I can't imagine joining any club that would have someone like me as a member. Looks like we're in good company, in any case....
- Rick "Grouchos anonymous" Dickinson
--
Rick Dickinson - snipped-for-privacy@notesguy.com
National Association of Rocketry (NAR) # 73975 Level 2

"I once shot an elephant in my pajamas..."
Bob Kaplow wrote:

"What was an elephant doing in Your pajamas?"
Dave Grayvis wrote:

Looking for a peanut?
spiff wrote:

I'm glad I didn't say that.