Another Attack on Rocketry

Sounds like you're F-K'd !

Reply to
Doug Sams

This is just a joke, right? Level II certification to fly F, G, H, & I motors?

Was this club formed by the BATFE? I hope the rocketeers in this area recreate the Boston Tea Party all over again and dump the Frontier Board of Directors into the harbor!

David Marshall NAR 79812, Level 2

Reply to
David M.

Never mind the document -

Find out who *wrote* this draconian piece of control-freak nonsense, then -

Stay far, far, far away from that individual, so you can enjoy rocketry.

A decent set of by-laws is necessary for any organization to function well. But when it/they try to tell you how to eat, sleep, walk, talk, shoot and shit, leave it the hell alone.

Reply to
BB

-> > M motors. The Tripoli Prefect must okay the acting RSO/LCO as required

Maybe it thinks it's doing some "proactive ass-kissing"... (though I doubt that the BATFE particularly cares about "the levels" at all!)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Judging by the headers presented, it appears to have been r.m.r's own Arnold R...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Sieg Heil! Jawohl Mein Furhers, ve vill all be good little Nazi's and obey your every Fascist command. Talk about a supreme power trip! Get a brain, a life, and a rebate on your lobotomy.

Reply to
Dale Martin

Looks to me like it just might be an attempt to show how far overboard things can be made if rocketeers want to hand wring and nash teeth. I looked at their website and it seems some fun launches took place this year.

Maybe people had fun and some in the club wanted to make sure that didn't happen again and complained to the BOD.

So the BOD made the rules below ?

All pure guess, but I also know the rocket fun police is out there.

Art

P.S. in Great Planes "real flight" R/C simulator for the PC, the virtual "Hecklers" talking behind you will say: "Watch out, here come the fun police!" if you get real wild in your flying.

Reply to
ArtU

How about not letting anyone fly rockets? That will increase safety and decrease parking. ;)

Boy, I bet the Frontier members can't wait to vote in a new set of leaders!

-Rich

C> The principle reason for the

Reply to
Rich Pitzeruse

So you gotta pay $45 a year to fly quarter As?

Now Bunny needs your approval to do something? Get real!

This eliminates *ANY* NAR or TRA certifications flights from occuring at these launches. Clever?

Again, Bunny is going to do what at your launches?

Again, what's Bunny got to do with these stupid rules.

NAR safety code has no such requirement for an RSO. In fact it's written to cover ONE PERSON launching rockets by THEMSELF.

Tripoli Prefect and NAR President as shown in the schematic below.

You expect Bunny to be at all your launches?

Perhaps you should invest in a grammar checker. I'm sure it would show a serious rectal cranial inversion.

Bob Kaplow

These rules will certainly solve your growth problems without needing a dues increase.

You mean the last one was reviewed by these two and thus was error free? ROTFLMAO!

Bob Kaplow

Kelly must be on this BOD :-)

Bob Kaplow

But what about rule #6?

Bob Kaplow

That's what NIRAs rules used to be too. Except no one ever bothered to write them down. With 6 people flying rockets, that's all we ever needed. As participation grew to as many as 100 people, you need a bit more organization to keep things safe and sane. Our current rules have evolved over the past decade or so.

Bob Kaplow

A lot of our clubs activity is outreach. At any given launch we'll have a handful of scouts, some TARC groups, and a bunch of folks who just heard about the club and want to fly. They are open to all. In fact, the forest preserve district whose land we use now funnel ALL of their rocket launch requests through us; they won't even let a group out there on their own.

Bob Kaplow

Is that "No Pooftahs" ??

Reply to
Fred Shecter

I'd guess your best chance of dying occurs during the trip to and from the launch site or from that bag of chips in the back seat. How many rocketeers have ever been killed by lightning? That seems like a potential occupational hazard, but I've never heard of one. Life itself means living with risk - its not a question of whether you will die, but how and when. Statistically, rocketry is already about as safe as it gets.

Brad Hitch

Reply to
Brad Hitch

I think "NAR President" means, here, the president of the local NAR section (i.e, the TRA Prefect's "opposite number").

Admittedly, I found the wording confusing at first.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I would suggest you don't independently attempt to negotiate storage with the field owner.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Seems like it would have been much simpler if they'd just made one rule: "This is a small private club and we want to keep it that way, so no new members or spectators will be allowed".

Just so no one gets confused, this is only a local club's BOD and has nothing to do with the national org.

Reply to
RayDunakin

How about NAR and TRA solve their over sized ego problem and remove the clubx charter!

Dennis

Reply to
D&JWatkins