anyone see this? ATF trying to say motorsa are not PADs

New r.m.r. format?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I believe he's referring to the groups.google presentation of the newsgroups (since he appears to be posting from thence, rather than directly through an NNTP server).

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Google.com

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Oh, _that_. I forget that some people actually try to read Usenet via google. I mean, it's OK as a searchable archive but... what's wrong with using a proper news reader?

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

Sometimes one is stuck behind a firewall that will pass HTTP connections but not NNTP...

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

I guess if that's out of your control, like if you can only read at work, using google is better than nothing.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

About 2 months ago Charter Cable decided to convert from HTTP, and now we have NNTP. I've had nothing but screw ups ever since with my news service. We NEVER had a problem until some genius decided to switch.

NNTP is next to nothing. ) :

Randy

Reply to
<randyolb

Just how did the boundaries of MPR , Easy Access and Restricted Access get started.

I remember when I could only get SU E's and F's at my local hobby shop. The G's where still under some question as whether they would be allowed to sell to the general public. This was about 1990-93 or so.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Jarosch

Pardon any duplicate posts, having some issues with Giganews.

I note that, like the infamous AG/DOJ letter, APCP is lumped under "low explosive" here, ie, does not detonate (by definition).

It will be interesting to see which regulation on low explosives is being "clarified" to omit rocket motors from exemption, but not other deflagrating propellant devices.

Again, its not chemicals, its rockets.

Reply to
Gary

The only external to club rules that have changed since then are the addition of NFPA codes with highly variable adoption and enforcement in states, and the elimination of the ATF Class C exemption (by accident) :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The new google format is bloody useless! I quite liked the old one - you could see easily who'd replied to what and when, and the messages were laid out in a sensible way.

Now it just looks like an online forum :-(

Reply to
Niall Oswald

I hate it when forced upgrades do not even allow you to "downgrade" if desired.

Tell your "supplier" you want to maintain a downgrade option permanantly, and any future Beta should approximate Mac-Newswatcher. There are several versions of that open source effort.

Remember Mozila 1.0 was Mac!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

oops Mosaic

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No one cares.

I'm just curious - which of your irrelevent statements is factual? If that what you call a tech post?

Reply to
Phil Stein

effect......

invirogtaed

Shockie, you really need to talk to vendors or manufactures, in person, over drinks etc..

They are not sharing your looking into the sun under those conditions. you need a money trail to support any activity.

Reply to
AlMax

I see days later no comment on the real truth.

Thanks for posting this Mark.

Reply to
AlMax

Only vendors with money AND balls can afford drinks and some with money (Aerotech-monopoly) do not drink.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And HPR will effectively be dead. Oh, there'll probably be a handful of folks doing hybrids here and there, but the manufacturers and venders of sport APCP will have gone out of business due to the vastly shrunken market.

They already _are_ service and support organizations.

The bad news would be if they never resisted the ATF's attempts to destroy the hobby, in which case HPR would have died out years ago.

What are you smoking??? How could those orgs possibly be "invigorated" by excessive regulation that kills off the hobby?

There will never be an "ATF-approved" HPR program. The ATF is is only interested in expanding its power base and limiting access to regulated materials as much as they can. They don't want more people doing HPR, they want less people to have access to HPR materials.

Are you injecting LSD directly into your eyeballs, or what?? The restrictions that the ATF is attempting to impose on the hobby can't possibly be construed in any way shape or form as being conducive to growth of the hobby.

Reply to
RayDunakin

Finaly we agree.

I have been begging to head this future off at the pass.

HIGH resistence by TRA, NAR, rmr Trolls, and of course "perceived competitors".

A rising tide lifts all ships.

BATFE wants a low tide.

BS

magazine: bad service. Regulatory reduction: bad service Regulatory compliance: bad service.

Bad service = NOT a service organization.

Jerry

While proactivlely conforming to them!!!!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Who is stopping you?

Explain?