ATF Busts Ningi on UGA Campus

I wonder if any of these JBGTs remember the golden rule.
I suppose that we shoud all treat these agents as armed thugs whenever we deal with them. In a situation like this, I'd grab the nearest phone, and dial 9-1-1 and tell the response center that it was a situation involving armed assailants.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Shouldn't that be "armed terrorists dressed as federal agents"?

You can't be too careful these days. Those IDs could be fakes.

They sure don't remember how to handle firearms:
http://www.ogrish.com/archives/2005/march/ogrish-dot-com-police_foot_shoot.wmv
On 15 Apr 2006 21:30:16 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Protect yourself first, then play the 911 circus.
Only problem with that is reaching for ANYTHING may be construed (by them) as reaching for a weapon. Then you are double screwed.
On 15 Apr 2006 21:30:16 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

writes:

Alas, these days it seems that they are trained to OVERreact to situations.
Law enforcement reaction to a situation should be proportional to the actual threat. To engage in a high speed chase for someone going 10mph over the speed limit is reckless. To treat someone dressed "unusual" on a college campus as a thug (refer to the picture of the JBGT kneeling on the kids neck, and the story about agents with guns drawn) is assult and battery, and a violation of the kids civil rights. I hope there's lots of lawyers on campus.

Check out this poor guy's demise, at the hands of a SWAT team:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/26/AR2006012602136.html
(the fact that a SWAT team was sent out to arrest an unarmed optometrist, on a BETTING charge, is like something out of the movie "Brazil" - yet this sort of crap happens every day)
writes:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/26/AR2006012602136.html
Absolutely disgusting. And something that will continue until these thugs are arrested, tried, and jailed for manslaughter. If there were no warrant issued, then I'd elevate the charge to first degree murder, which is what the police would charge a civilian with in the case of a felony that results in a death.
Government, especially police, MUST be subject to the same laws and punishments as the rest of society. No on is above the law because of their badge or office. Not a cop on the beat, a SWAT team member, or the president.
writes:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/01/26/AR2006012602136.html
After thinking abut this a bit longer, it's right on par with Waco and Ruby Ridge. Murder charges definitely need to be filed here.
No police officer should have to think twice before shooting an armed suspect that is a threat to them or others. But they MUST think twice before shooting any one else, or suffer the same fate as a civilian that accidentally shoots a cop.

That's a very reasoned and sane response to our brown-shirted friend's commentary, Bob
On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:01:05 GMT, "Thomas Koszuta"

. I bet you criticized Michael Moore's movie dealing with 911 without watching it either. (Farenheit 911). You're a patheitic lump of quavering jello,dude
Only a MORON would need to watch the movie, considering first; who produced the movie, his publicly known and expressed dislike for GW, and the hyped trailers shown on TV. Of course, any MORON who would threaten someone on this forum, knows that. I'm sure you understand, being a anonymous poster and all..
Fred
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 09:09:35 -0400, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

And you're a typical Shrub supporter. Talk to me after the village idiot leads us into another hunt for non-existent WMD. An anoymous poster? I have a valid e-mail address; is yours?And where exactly is the threat in my statement? Oh wait. Just like the brown shirted thugs who jumped thew ninja, you see threats everywhere. You too are a pathetic lump of quavering jello....dood. And incidently, only a MORON would criticize a movie without watching it. Sieg heil, muthafukka.
Thanks for verifying your status, as it is in line and supports the on going moronic characterization of the vast majority of your responses on this forum.
My email is munged, but the name is real. "Comcast" supports the "net", but be careful how and if you respond in email: Usenet responses are one thing, direct email is another.
Your threat was in another of your responses in another thread; (If you're the Tony semenuk, I know, your azz is grazz.)
BTW, if you ever have the pleasure of in person conversation with me, I doubt "lump of quavering jellow" will be the lasting impression you remember, about our conversation or encounter. Remember, Google is you friend..
Fred
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Awww, he's afraid to watch it! After all, if he saw it, it might cast doubt on his closely held beliefs. The refusal to listen to ideas other than your own has been taught be religous zealots for thousands of years.

Would you watch a documentary on the "Protocols"? Or one that denied the Holocaust?
Of course not, because you would know that the underlying reason for such a thing is the driving hate behind the producer, and there would be no merit in watching it - nor would you want to fatten the wallet of its creator.
I wrote:

That's the thing, Michael Moore thinks he's a documentarian but in reality he's a film maker. And of course a film makers primary motive is the wallet first, entertainment second. Nothing new here.
In all honesty I've only seen Roger and Me and not really too thrilled about it either. I've see bits of Bowling for Columbine and was somewhat entertained of the butchering of clips of Heston but that was only because it was all so obvious what Moore was attempting to do(and failed). I'll eventually get around to seeing all of Bowling and will also see Fahrenheit 451 but in no uncertain terms will I accept any of these flicks as facts, only topical entertainment at best. Hollyweird is, well, Hollyweird for a reason :)
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75
writes:

Fahrenheit 451 is a 1966 movie adaptation of Ray Bradbury's classic SciFi book. Methinks you mean Fahrenheit 9/11.
Of course even I have trouble with movie titles with numbers in them. WHen Apollo 13 came out, I hadn't even seen Apollo 1-12 yet :-)
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Doh!!! You would be correct sir. And thanx for the reminder as I scored that DVD a few months ago but still haven't watched it ;/
Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75