Complicating a problem

You have the right to your opinion but you were not there and are not aware of the fact that I was in the right lane going the posted speed limit and people were swapping lanes back and forth not signalling and failing to observe my right of way, and tailgating.. If they want to drive 80-90 fine but in so doing STAY in the left lane. Because you and others wish to drive faster does not allow you to violate all the other things that make a safe driver. If that makes me a pinhead fine, that is your opinion, but in that I shall be a live pinhead and sooner or later you may not be.

Reply to
nitram578

TY, Doug

Reply to
nitram578

I retract my statement about your pinheadness. If you were in the right lane, while I think you were being obstinate and unwise, that is your prerogative. In reviewing the thread, I find I had overlooked the fact that you were in the right lane, and apologize.

My statement regarding how I see MOST folks who elect to 'send a message' by driving the speed limit in heavier/faster traffic stands -- I see it far too often, and very typically in the left lane of even 5 lane freeways (I'm in southern California).

My statement regarding the judge stands, as well -- if he had stood on the fact that you were in the right lane (which I didn't find indicated in your statements) vs. his dressing down the trooper because you were merely obeying the speed limit, it tells me he is an academic instead of a real-world person.

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Not a valid analogy. Driving at a speed compatible with the flow of traffic is not comparable to jumping off a bridge. On the contrary, the person impeding traffic is the one creating a hazard.

Reply to
raydunakin

I agree. What really bugs me are the clods who are unclear on the concept of carpool lanes -- the whole point of that lane is to drive faster than the poor saps in the other lanes. That's the incentive that's supposed to encourage people to be politicially correct. Having access to a special lane where you can pass everyone else is a reward given to those who are happen to have a passenger onboard (or are driving a politically-correct car, or have paid the extra extortion fees, etc.), and to punish the peons who don't fit those categories. Yet I frequently encounter idiots who block the carpool lane driving slower than the rest of the traffic on the freeway!

;
Reply to
raydunakin

Apology accepted and no harm done. At least you are man enough to apologize. My original thread did not indicate the fact I was in the right lane for this I apologize to you. I did post it above to Doug Sams and that post above may have easily been overlooked.

Reply to
nitram578

Well, at least you should have the right to do so. And if you like, I'll be glad to help you.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

That's nothing. Here in MN the term 'slow traffic stay right' is totally non-existent. In particular the mpls/st. paul area we have buttheads that INTENTIALY go the exact speed limit, and often slower, in the left lane! Last spring a local news station did a report on this MN

*phenomina* and they actually interviewed some of these buttheads. They're excuse???? Here's a actual quote, 'There is no reason why you need to go faster!'.

Ted Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

Some of the sellers do charge Hazmat and appear to be following shipping laws, but I suspect that the (too many) ROL auction sellers who ask $5.00 additional for shipping for "H" or over reload kits are shipping them illegally. If not, do they just eat the $20 Hazmat charge themselves? Not likely. My question is why ROL doesn't stop this illegal behavior like EBay. And why do some of us in this hobby so willingly facilitate such illegal behavior? Looks to me like some just want to save $20. As has been said already, so much for self-regulation. Go ahead and laugh, but it IS junk like this that spurs increasing onerous regulation by the alphabet agency bureaucrats. Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
llobdelljr

Some of the sellers do charge Hazmat and appear to be following shipping laws, but I suspect that the (too many) ROL auction sellers who ask $5.00 additional for shipping for "H" or over reload kits are shipping them illegally. If not, do they just eat the $20 Hazmat charge themselves? Not likely. My question is why ROL doesn't stop this illegal behavior like EBay. And why do some of us in this hobby so willingly facilitate such illegal behavior? Looks to me like some just want to save $20. As has been said already, so much for self-regulation. Go ahead and laugh, but it IS junk like this that spurs increasing onerous regulation by the alphabet agency bureaucrats. Larry Lobdell Jr.

Reply to
llobdelljr

There is no shipper with a $5 hazmat charge. IIRC UPS is up to $20. And you just can't pay the fee and ship hazmat. You have to be properly trained and authorized to do so by the shipper.

Because they don't care.

Because they don't care.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Has anyone reviewed the counter arguement?

DOT specifically exampts non-commerce sales from the regs. They have regularly cited "collectors" in the past as "non-commerce" despite the exchange of value.

I have commented on both sides of this issue. But it seems to me a large part of the problem is DOT inconsistently applying its own rules and making the rules as hard to decipher as possible.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

jerry, that lie didn't work for you, why do you think it would work for anybody else?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Because it's not their job to enforce USPS regulations.

Nonsense. If the government cared enough to put a stop to this, they could simply enforce the existing regs.

=86

Reply to
raydunakin

Sounds like The area around Ft. Wayne IN. Most of the time the right hand lane is faster!!

Dennis

Reply to
D&JWatkins

It is Tripoli's job to enforce ATF regulations (requiring LEMP).

Hello? Earth to Tripoli motor testing reg makers . . .

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Since they are putting their official sanction on motors, they are obligated to make sure that the manufacturers whose motors they are certifying are opertating legally. ROL is under no such obligation.

You've already proved that the DOT cares enough to crack down on persons who ship large quantities of motors illegally, so why would you expect TRA/NAR to sanction it?

Of course, you're still free to sell your motors online and ship them anyway you like, without TRA/NAR involvement. Then it's just your neck on the line. Live the lifestyle, Jerry!

Reply to
raydunakin

I'm curious what state I-80 has 75mph limits ?

I've only seen 50, 55, 60,65 and 70 so far on I80 turnpike(s)

I imagine out in the far plains ?

is it a toll road out their ?

Reply to
AlMax