[DOT NEWS] accidents

This is the key to your existence. It used to be ok to do blah blah blah so it should still be ok.

Tell the families & friends of those that died in the crash. I'm sure they'll feel much better about what happened.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Because Jerry has no hangups about mislabeling rockets motors as something they're not.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Yes, it should be. I agree.

We allegedly have rights.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If you have to "amend" his words to agree with it Fred, you didn't agree with his words. Get it?

I can see now in your view we have no rights, only specific permissions authorized, and reinterpreted by, by the government.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Which is entirely separate from regulation and those complying with it. So much regulation has been added simply to make enforcement easier or to make fewer things for the authorities to "worry about" with no evidence of a problem to correct or after a singular incident and a gross overreraction is implemented.

The government reaction to 911 is a classic and truly super-extreme example. The Isralies begged us for years to lock the airplane pilot doors. After the two buildings were brought down, the airplane doors were locked. Too late.

But also TONS of overreaction was now rippling through our entire society and we even have an entirely new government bureaucracy called department of homeland security, we have hours of ADDITIONAL delays at airpoirts for EACH PERSON ON EACH TRIP, and substantial increases in local police activity, equipment, and fear based training. None of which abates terrorists.

The doors are locked now.

We attacked their homeland and are on the hunt for ALL of their leaders and known or knowable sites, and trainees.

I want my rights back.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Slavery used to be legal, by your logic, it should still be.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Take your meds.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

But they could be, and perhaps should be. They only real problem with model rocket motors on passenger planes is that they may set off detectors and make the security measures more difficult. Just think back to the pre Value Jet days.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Yep, you've hit the nail >

You don't have a right to ship any substance, any way you feel like. Nor do you have a right to regulations that never change. So what "right" are you referring to?

Reply to
RayDunakin

Re read what I said and stop attempting to put words in my mouth; it's so amateur.

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

"hazardous".

Since the package was deceptively labled "model aircraft parts", would it have been possible for it to be delivered by airplane? Could Yellow Truck put it on a cross country flight, subcontracting?

Also, Dave, you seem to be forgetting that Jerry has in the past sent rocket motors via regular mail. Those motors ended up on a passenger airplane as regular mail. They would not have, if Jerry identified them as "solid rocket propellant". But that wouldn't have been Jerry's way, now would it?

steve

Reply to
default