[FFT]philosophical musings: self regulation

Manufacturing model rockets is *NOT* model rocketry. And the sad truth is that it is a dangerous business and it has resulted in several fatalities.

But if you look at what Harry saw in the late 50s, at the start of the space race, we're WAY ahead of the "Basement Bombers". And WAY ahead of where the JBGTs are pushing the hobby.

Bob Kaplow

Nope, next blue moon 31-May-2007. Last blue moon, 31-Jul-2004.

Bob Kaplow

Martin Bowitz (member of Fred's club) was on the jury. I remember hearing about it from Martin, but don't recall the details. IIRC 2-3 fatalities. I remember both the Quest and AT incidents, they weren't that long ago.

The fireworks industry is full of incidents, both in manufacturing, sales / distribution, and consumer use.

Bob Kaplow

I AM IMMUNE.

TRA AND NAR SAY SO !

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

R O F L

Point. I should change industries!

That is a TRA thang.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

No good deed goes unpunished.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The Aerotech (ISP) launch pad proved that wrong.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

One of my friends uses a Meade 125 something? telly-O-scope for his stargazing... I've been eyeing off the tripod and mount it uses (He won't let me have it for some reason?) Has auto leveling legs, tracking and all!!!

I gotta pick up one of those tricky 'Remove Before Flight' ribbons too..

If the tree snapped and crashed down on the Tractor it could be kinda dangerous... :-)

Reply to
CJC

Completely non-serious.

I'd do nothing, since it's (A) not a serious problem and (B) none of my business.

Here's some guidance: Quit spending so much time worrying about what _others_ are doing, or might be doing. Unless someone is creating an immediate and serious hazard to life or property, what they do on their own is none of your business.

raydunakin

violation NAR

changed.

The NAR has changed, but human nature hasn't. There's always a few uptight individuals who spend their days worrying that someone somewhere might not be in strict conformance with some rule.

Reply to
raydunakin

Here in California the DA in the Michael Jackson case was instrumental in writihg a law (specifically with Michael Jackson in mind) that he is now using to prosecute Michael Jackson. He is also using a law that allows in evidence of past (unproven/unreported/unproveable) claims of abuse. This means only facts are allowed in abuth the item he is charged with, but anything he is not charged with there are no rules of evidence, and it is allowed at trial. Including hearsay and speculation.

No other state has such an improper evidence law.

Point being some laws are TARGETED at SPECIFIC folks.

Tripoli has SEVERAL such rules for example.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry thinks TRA should have let him off because of the 'CA Glove Defense'.

Hey Jerry where did you hide your glove? Is it with your motors? Is it where MJ likes to bury his?

Reply to
Phil Stein

I like that! :-) I read a novel a while ago, that had another relevant saying...

"The State exists for the People - NOT the People for the State."

Governments are supposed to be our servants, not our all-controlling Masters.

Reply to
Len Lekx

Tripoli has rules targeting Michael Jackson?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

THe connection is that Jerry and MJ both live in Wonderland.

Reply to
Phil Stein

NO.

Wonderland was the Eddie Nash/John Holmes murder site.

Neverland is where MJ lives. The name comes from Peter Pan (the book, not the peanut butter).

I went to the night club Eddie Nash owned -once-. It was a complete pit and filled with scum-of-the-earth. The bands were also bad. I preferred Madame Wong's (Chinatown and West) or The Whisky A Go-Go.

-Fred Shecter NAR 20117

Reply to
shreadvector

Sigh, Sounds like another lovely Zero-Tolerance policy............

Reply to
Jim M

Who invented that whole "zero tolerence" trip? What were the circumstances of the meme's first emergence?

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Schools? Some kid couldn't stand zero so they set up a tolerance for zero policy to go along with all the other PC policies?

Reply to
Tweak