FlisKit Order

Thought I'd get a few things to keep me busy for awhile. I ordered from Jim:

1 Flea 1 Drake 1 Deuces Wild 1 Farscape i.e. Night Whisper

and the baffle kits where applicable.

Buy American...Buy Local.

Jim's local for me.

Someone mentioned this:

a copy of G. Harry Stine's (now with Bill Stine) "Handbook of Model Rocketry"

no doubt to shut me up (posting) for awhile, np, I love to read. Ordered one...Thanks for the pointer.

eric

Reply to
Zman

Sounds cool...never built a Fliskit yet, but was checking out the "Richter Recker", just might have to give that one a shot... :)

Reply to
bob352

Bob,

You'd love the Richter Recker, especially on E9-6 motors! I was preping my Richter Recker at NARAM and saw a dad and son walking by carrying an Estes Mean Machine. The dad commented as they walked by "where on earth are you going to keep that thing? It's huge!"

I couldn't resist... I held up the Richter Recker and said "you could buy him a Richter Recker and store it in that..."

Fortunately, he had a sense of humor... LOL

jim

Reply to
jflis

Hi Jim- I fully intend to purchase one in the next couple of weeks; I just gotta get a couple other projects out of the way...on the way, I've got a CFX Six-Footer from Sunward, (I wanted something big, and found it before I found the RR)...also like the looks of the Corona! You have some real fine kits available...hopefully, I'll get to most of 'em in the upcoming months. Unlike other parts of the country, summer is NOT prime time for launching in west Florida, the weather seldom cooperates

Reply to
bob352

Me either, but I just ordered 4, 2 which take baffle kits if you want 'em.

I'm new to the hobby, like building models and just started on rockets. Built one Estes Patriot 104 before I knew anything or anyone.

Then I figured out you fill in the spirals...and filled balsa...and did wicked paint jobs...and took real pride in your paper tube models just like any others.

Then I ordered from FlisKits....check out their site. Look, if you dl the free paper rocket the 'Midnight Express' the rocket itself prints out on one piece of paper. The instructions on

  1. Most of the kits you cut your own fins. They all have balsa cones...work for you. The company just wants you to make wicked rockets.

check 'em out:

don't hurt to look.

Reply to
Zman

Oh, believe- I have. The list is getting bigger...since the weather is not right now conducive to safe flying, that's what this is...BUILD TIME!!!!!

Reply to
bob352