Homer Hickam and his Rocket Barbie

LOTS of money. 8-)

He never said he usued HPR to launch Barbie. Probably estes stuff from the local store.
Besides, according to the Vulcan Science Directorate, theree are no HPR dealers in Boseman MT.
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972

That being said, it is also true that:
According to TRA/NAR/NFPA he is unqualified to have motors over 62.5g.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Jerry Irvine

62.5g.
from the

HPR
62.5g.
Fortunately for me and the other Coalwood Rocket Boys (plus Quentin), there were no such restrictions back in 1957-60. These days, I rest on my laurels and, except for the occasional ballistic Barbie (requiring only the smallest of engines), I leave the rocket launching to the experts.
H3 www.homerhickam.com
theres no 62.5 g limit in amateur rocketry......
shockie B)

There is in model rocketry, and anything not AR or MR is HPR.

Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, don't yo get headaches from sniffing so much glue?
Jerry Irvine wrote:

That just goes to show how much _they_ know about it! :)
-dave w
David Weinshenker wrote:

Well, as Homer is not a TRA or NAR member, there is no issue, is there?? No matter how much some individuals may attempt to assoiate such "liberties with the truth", to support there long time agenda. (:-)
Fred

Exactly.

I think I remember him mentioning this one of the times I heard him talk at a book signing.
"To enslave men, successfully and safely, it is necessary to have their minds occupied with thoughts and aspirations short of the liberty of which they are deprived. A certain degree of attainable good must be kept before them." Frederick Douglas, "My Bondage and My Freedom," 1855