In California, harrased by off duty fireman while launching

I know. Aliso Viejo, right next door to me, tried this last year... I hear they were an eeensy-weensie bit embarassed.

David Erbas-White

Brian/Joseph McDermott wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

I just realized the really ironic part of this. The fire department office responsible for all the rocketry permits in south Orange County is in Aliso Viejo...

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

*That* is *BRILLIANT* !!!

:o)

Reply to
Greg Heilers

Including on the paved portion of the state known as urbania and suburbia??

Not by model rockets.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Correct.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

And thank god, and god bless, and please save the chillen.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's YOUR neighborhood!!

Have you replied to my directed comment yet?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Obviously you did not read this any of the times it was posted.

You should be intimately familiar with ONE of these incidents.

  • More houses than ever are built right up into the brush covered hills. Kids set fire to the hills above Yorba Linda about 15 years ago launching their Estes model rockets illegally at the end of a street. BIG fire. Parents sued for well over 100K for the cost of putting out the fire. Excellent covereage in the Orange County Register including a "box" insert story detailing where to go to legally and safey launch Model Rockets and how the kids KNEW they were launching illegally.
  • Incidents with High Power Rockets crashing FAR outside of the 'way too small' parks and school yards where IDIOTS launched them. Those newspaper reports often tell of the Bomb Squad being called out to investigate the "missile" that crashed throught the roof of the house or crashed next to the toddler in the back yard.
  • One of my favorites it the man who was electrocuted and set on fire and dangled from the power pole while on fire/dying. He launched a rocket on his street with his kid. It landed on the power lines. He climbed the pole with a rod to knock the rocket off the wire. His kid watched him as he was electrocuted and set on fire and then dangled while burning. RESULT: Wal Mart and Michaels in this small LA County City were visited by fire department and had all rocketry related products removed. I don't think they were confiscated, simply told to get rid of them and that they did not have a permit to retail/store them (required for retail in CA by the state regulations - typical for most hobby shops nationwide - they require some sort of fire inspection or permit).
Reply to
Fred Shecter

They are rare and uncommon.

YOU are fixated on the uncommon.

HPR magazine being prepaid AND missing is common.

TRA removing folks is common.

TRA certifying motors that have never been tested is common.

NAR and TRA requiring the very ATF permits they SUE to claim were "never required" is common.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It's your fault. If you had balls way back when, you would have taken it from Kelly.

When was the last time that happened? 10+ years ago?

I read your 'evidence' it was Cato bitching about not publishing delay data.

You and I can test thins theory. Send me a big motor. - Put up or shut up.

Reply to
Phil Stein

That's right, when jerry destroys property, he uses destructive devices.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Interesting claim.

May I fix that now? Please?

The official TMT

C H A I R M A N ! ! !

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.

In Kalifornis people are protected from their worst judgement by the state and the full force and effect of the police and jails.

Even if it requires jailing the victim class to protect the future speculative victim class.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yep I was lucky; I had maintained my state of res. in Illinois until I retired from the AF while stationed in MD @ Andrews AFB, so I was able to tell KA to kiss my a$$, (they thought they had me because I had a KA drivers licence for three of the years I was at Travis AFB). Only problem, when I retired from the AF, I took a job with Boeing, @ Andrews. Now I pay MD state taxes on my AF retirement, along with my Boeing pay. I'll be getting that flee of my back in a couple of years, when I retire from Boeing and move to NH or back to Il.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

You know that was what I was woundering. Maybe Lockheed submitted some paperwork to get a tax deduction??? I don't know.

KT

Reply to
kimballt

Nope. Wish I had been quick thinking like that but I was to shocked and worried to think of it.

KT

Reply to
kimballt

Ya mean things like slave ownership, and killing redskins and running them off thier land?

Reply to
Alan Jones

And yet the Amish still manage to get by with horse drawn transportation in today's US.

Reply to
Alan Jones

Crimsoned Prairie, by S.L.A Marshal, published by Charles Scribner"s Sons New York: A most enlightening historical account of the war "raged" on the American Indian.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

You've always had the ability to. Just start publishing it and if it's good, people will buy it.

TMT Chairman 10 years ago. Time to get a new calendar.

Reply to
Phil Stein