In California, harrased by off duty fireman while launching

No, it was none of those on your list. Again, if the model had been flown with the recommended engine and had they been built with more skill, there would have been no problem.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Hmmm. Common sense. Now there's a novel idea.

Has anyone ever wondered why regs., ordinances, environment laws, etc. in California are so much different than the majority of the country? From what I hear and read, the people there are regulated into oblivion no matter the subject, seemingly because they are not smart enough to care for themselves and need the state to think for them in absolutely every situation. It's amazing that most of the country makes it through life without nearly as much of the micro second, to micro second, micro management.

You guys are tougher than me, I don't think I could take it.

Randy

<randyolb

Exactly.

He is a "government employee" and also a "paranoid urbanite".

Perfect storm.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Just wait. Many jurisdictions have ALREADY implemented that!!!

Fred(s) disagree.

Hello David.

:)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Pretty close.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Pratt.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

That's about the extent of it. "The Republic of California". Thanks to all those liberals here. Funny the word liberal would indicate liberty or free but it is just the opposite. There is a law against everything here. California Communist Republic. I work at a rocket motor factory called Aerojet. We have a contract with Lockheed Martin in Denver. Well their employees make frequent trips to CA on business. One of the guys I deal with got a tax bill from our great state for wages that he was paid by Lockheed in Denver where he works. California's reasoning is that if he spends more than 30 days in CA on business he has to pay CA state tax. It does not matter if they are not consecutive days. He spent a week here and a week there but the cumulative amount was more than 30 days so he got a tax bill. I told him to have his employer pay the taxes since they made him go to CA. Or the other option was not to pay it at all. What is CA going to do go to Denver to arrest him?

KT

Reply to
kimballt

Nah, Ca will just wait till he comes back!

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

To late, You have Fienstien and Boxer out there pushing our regulations onto the nation. If I were all of you I would oppose those two and any bill they try to put into action.

KT

Reply to
kimballt

yeaa, I'm kinda amazed how far KA has fallen. Baack in the 50/60/70 it was the "golden state" that everybody dreamed of going to. ... not anymore .........

how far the mighty has fallen....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

also, long before model rocketry, or high power rocketry were allowed in CA, they were considered FIREWORKS and were completely banned from use!

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

and you can prove this with actual documentation?

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

That may be true, but are governor could still kick your governor's *ss. :)

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

david: here in lex,ky they have a beautiful multi-purpose park. People have been launching model rockets up there since the early 60's! Nothing has every been said by the Parks and Rec Dept about model rockets in their parks in all these years. Perople just go out in unorganized groups, and fire at will. Yet when I asked for permission for a NAR club with insurance coverage to utilize their park, it wasn't for fear of fire, it was for fear that the sound of the motors would scare the horses that they rent out there at the park for riders. Here in Horse Country,USA, horses are much more important than model rockets are.

Now of course the situation is, that anybody can go out there and launch model rockets if they ask for permission first... >however you wish?

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

its called liberalism,. the nanny state.....

shockie B)

Reply to
shockwaveriderz

Well I really hoped he would've done that a LOT earlier.

Can't believe I voted for Jesse AND attended the victory party :(

I guess Pabst Blue Ribbon, Jesse's favorite, can really cause brian damage.

Ted 'PBR, never again' Novak TRA#5512 IEAS#75

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

I lived in Kalifornia as a guest of the Navy for about 20 years, off and on.

The two Senators from that state are among the best reasons I've ever seen to support a repeal of the 17th Amendment.

The Governator, Boxer, and Feinstein. Yessiree.

What amazes me the most are the number of voters there who just don't "get it"; they actually complain when the electricity goes out.

Reply to
Gary

You repeal the 17th amendment and then only the state legislatures will get to vote for Senators. That may seem like a good idea until you see the kind of riff-raff. politicians that we have in the PRK. Those idiots are almost all owned by some special interest group and vote accordingly. That's why the state with the largest per capita income and a GNP that excels and exceeds that of any 5 Latin American countries is nearly bankrupt and consistently spending in deficit mode. The 17th amendment is the ONLY hope we have of reversing this awful slide into the abyss

Reply to
Reece Talley

Thank the folks at UAC and othere CA universities, especially Berkeley, for raising the last several generations of liberal thinkers who then migrated into politics, after frying there brains on acid, glue and coke.

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

Has KA ever tried to collect income tax from you military retirement??

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace