In California, harrased by off duty fireman while launching

I object to having to buy a permit from the feds to fly high power rockets.
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
I wrote:

The permit you bought doesn't give you permission to fly rockets. It gives you permission to posess motors which could be used to fly rockets. That is, if you didn't have the permit, you would (could) be breaking the law even if you didn't have a rocket and didn't fly it!
But thats why we support our national organizations in suing our national government, right?
Glen

Exactly.
He is a "government employee" and also a "paranoid urbanite".
Perfect storm.

To late, You have Fienstien and Boxer out there pushing our regulations onto the nation. If I were all of you I would oppose those two and any bill they try to put into action.
KT
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

I lived in Kalifornia as a guest of the Navy for about 20 years, off and on.
The two Senators from that state are among the best reasons I've ever seen to support a repeal of the 17th Amendment.
The Governator, Boxer, and Feinstein. Yessiree.
What amazes me the most are the number of voters there who just don't "get it"; they actually complain when the electricity goes out.
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est
You repeal the 17th amendment and then only the state legislatures will get to vote for Senators. That may seem like a good idea until you see the kind of riff-raff. politicians that we have in the PRK. Those idiots are almost all owned by some special interest group and vote accordingly. That's why the state with the largest per capita income and a GNP that excels and exceeds that of any 5 Latin American countries is nearly bankrupt and consistently spending in deficit mode. The 17th amendment is the ONLY hope we have of reversing this awful slide into the abyss
--
R. J. Talley
Teacher/James Madison Fellow
Reece Talley wrote:

Well, the slide into the abyss has occurred while under the Amendment, its not likely to mitigate a trend which developed while it was in place. And its not just the PRK which is sliding. A repeal of the 17th, if its not already too late, would shift an enormous amount of power back to the States, where the designers of our government intended it to be in the first place.
Yeah, it would replace the FUD tactics of popular elections with the partisan bickering of a legislative nomination, but the Senators would not then be able to pacify their electorate with Federal aid promises and continue on with other agendas. The Senator's "re-elections" would be in the hands of those who, ostensibly, would expect actual results of real benefit to the interests of their State.
I realize this is off topic, sorry. It was late when I initially responded.
</soap box>
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est
Gary wrote:

Has KA ever tried to collect income tax from you military retirement??

W. E. Fred Wallace wrote:

    <snip>
Yes, and the FTB was successful in doing so because of errors on my part in maintaining home state residency requirements. If I interpret your question correctly, the long fight between military retirees and Kalifornia does not apply to me.
--
Gary Bolles

summum jus, summa injuria est
Gary wrote:

Yep I was lucky; I had maintained my state of res. in Illinois until I retired from the AF while stationed in MD @ Andrews AFB, so I was able to tell KA to kiss my a$$, (they thought they had me because I had a KA drivers licence for three of the years I was at Travis AFB). Only problem, when I retired from the AF, I took a job with Boeing, @ Andrews. Now I pay MD state taxes on my AF retirement, along with my Boeing pay. I'll be getting that flee of my back in a couple of years, when I retire from Boeing and move to NH or back to Il.
Fred
Gary wrote:

Unfortunately, 99% of the population has no idea what you are talking about, when referring to that Amendment...which is the mindset, and lack of political awareness, that has slowly put us into this situation...sadly.

--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux User #328317 - SlackWare 10.1 (2.6.10)

Jerry Irvine wrote:

That must really be a bummer for a felon like you.
writes:

Dis you get his NAME AND NUMBER, OR LICENSE PLATE? I'd report him to his supervisor, or the town, for abuse of authority.
And at least for now (never know what the next unconstitutional law the idiots in DC will pass), you do NOT have to identify yourself to any cop. The ONLY person who can insist that you show your drivers license is a cop stopping you while you are DRIVING. To quote nancy, "just say no".
I don't even carry my license on me when I'm not in my car.
And IMHO, right around 7/4 is a bad time to go out flying model rockets. It gives the wrong impression to associate our hobby with fireworks.
Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the boisterous sea of liberty. -- Thomas Jefferson
On 8-Jul-2005, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Nope. Wish I had been quick thinking like that but I was to shocked and worried to think of it.
KT
snipped-for-privacy@pacbell.net wrote:

Go to the precinct/firhouse and identify him.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Yeah, jerry knows all about police line ups.
Yeah he's pretty good at picking trolls out of the lineup. They are easy to spot. They spout the same crap over and over.

I hereby summarily declare this thread to be BEATEN TO DEATH.
qed
-- David