In California, harrased by off duty fireman while launching

Bob Kaplow wrote:

Maybe You could get an id with Your picture and jerry's name and address.

Which one and why?
Durbin is the only Democrat to co-sponsor the Enzi bill. Obama has only been there 6 months.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.

Durbin, because his recent speech on detainees demonstrated he's a complete ignoramus.

What else would you do with a national ID card? If I don't need to show it any time a cop asks for it, I'll just do as I said, and stuff it in my lock box.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.

You use it for identification when that need arises.

There you go. See? Your objections were imaginary.

The same things you do with any ID card.

Fine. Whatever gave you the idea you'd need to show it any time a cop asks for it?
Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

Experience.

Well, if they're doing that already, then a national ID card or a national standard for state-issued IDs that indicate the bearer's resident/citizenship status obviously does not affect civil rights.

So what do I have to give up to remain anonymous? Air travel? Driving? Going to work? Shopping?

It gives the government the power to track your every move, every purchase, health, etc.
Just becasue I'm not a felon doesn't mean that I want the government watching my every move. Hell, I want the opposite. Give every GOVERNMENT employee some sort of card so the CITIZENS can watch their every move.
What ever happened to "of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, for the PEOPLE"?
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.
kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Dead as a door nail.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Poor felonious jerry.

Any activities where you might have to show an ID.

How so?

Please explain how a national ID card or a national standard for IDs issued by the states would have the government watching your every move.

Why do you want to watch the every move of government employees? Why do you believe government employees shouldn't have the same freedom as their fellow citizens?

It's right where it's always been, in the Gettysburg Address. Where did you think it was?

They have given themselves permission to expand the scope of search warrants which were already telephonic monologues.
Guess what they can do now BEFORE any serving of papers, detention, araignment or of course conviction?
Study your banking and employment records in great detail, more than you can get yourself.
Turn off your credit cards, bank cards, freeze accounts, grab your "private" safe deposit box.
Enter your home or business, interview your family, co-workers, friends, acquaintences, vendors. Grab papers and things they neither fully inventory, nor ever return. Any expenses you undertake trying to get anything returned are not compensated. The constitution specifically prohibits this. Even exculpatory items are confiscated without inventory, access, even for viewing, or return.

Oh, I don't know. Because the CONSTITUTION says so ?!?!?!?!?!?

Hell.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

It's hell being a convicted felon, huh jerry?

What does any of that have to do with a national ID card or a national standard for state-issued IDs that indicate the bearer's resident/citizenship status?

The Constitution says government employees shouldn't have the same freedom as their fellow citizens? In what article?

It is a "passport" drug.

I already know who I am. SO I have no need for an ID card.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin Historical Review of Pennsylvania. 1759

Then it won't affect you. Those that never have need of identification will not be affected.
On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 17:54:54 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"

I bet this guy was a hall monitor in middle school....any takers?
If I lost my ID, I would have no idea who I am !
shockie B)