In California, harrased by off duty fireman while launching

Yeah... So who was this and why was someone else needed for the job? He simply let a new person do the testing right?
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

When he left, TRA had a new person do the testing. Periodically TMT (and S&T) chairman change.
I think Cato quit but, I'm not positive. I'm sure Jerry & Bob will say he was thrown out.

Nothing wrong with that at all. In fact preferred.

I think he quit too.
--

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

You mean they had a new person NOT do the testing. Tom Blazanin (sp?)

Cato was FIRED for uncovering the TRA BOD bylaws irregularities and blowing the cover on the BOD.
BTW, NAR S&T chair Jack Kane has held that position for a LONG time. Since before TRA TMT existed IIRC.
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.

There's a lot of "rare and uncommon" single incidents that have resulted in draconian legislation.Look at UK and Dunblaine.

No,the government authorities are fixated on the "uncommon".
--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Point.
In Kalifornis people are protected from their worst judgement by the state and the full force and effect of the police and jails.
Even if it requires jailing the victim class to protect the future speculative victim class.
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

That's right, when jerry destroys property, he uses destructive devices.

Caused by too many years of stopping natural fires instead of letting them do what they are supposed to: renew the forests.
And too many people using up too much water.
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

The water is imported from elsewhere.
Without it, Socal is just a desert with lots of dry scrub.

Leaving other areas with no water.
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972

Just wait. Many jurisdictions have ALREADY implemented that!!!

Fred(s) disagree.

Hello David.
:)
Jerry

david: here in lex,ky they have a beautiful multi-purpose park. People have been launching model rockets up there since the early 60's! Nothing has every been said by the Parks and Rec Dept about model rockets in their parks in all these years. Perople just go out in unorganized groups, and fire at will. Yet when I asked for permission for a NAR club with insurance coverage to utilize their park, it wasn't for fear of fire, it was for fear that the sound of the motors would scare the horses that they rent out there at the park for riders. Here in Horse Country,USA, horses are much more important than model rockets are.
Now of course the situation is, that anybody can go out there and launch model rockets if they ask for permission first... <-- read that again..... but if you ask for permission, you can't go out there and launch without a park permit.....
so unorganized groups of people are allowed, but organized groups of people are not.....
does this make any sense?
shockie B)

Just like reserving picnic areas. If people just congregate in one area they have a group picnic.

model rockets if they ask for permission first... <-- read that again..... but if you ask for permission, you can't go out there and launch without a park permit.....
so unorganized groups of people are allowed, but organized groups of people are not.....
does this make any sense? <<
snipped-for-privacy@backpacker.com wrote:

Yes....look how many "communities" open their arms to homeless bums and "outdoors-people"...yet shun the Boy Scouts.
:o)
--

Greg Heilers

Look at how many communities open their arms to the Boy Scouts and shun the homeless...
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Perhaps it is different in your community. Here (Austin, TX), the Boy Scouts are treated like "the plague"...barred form many public events; barred from receiving money from groups such as The United Way, etc. Many youngsters are even afraid to wear their uniform to school (something I remember doing with pride) for fear of the abuse they have received in the past.
...whereas the homeless are needlessly coddled; and become celebrities (even running for public office); and are praised for their "diversity". Do a "google" on Austin's g-string-bikini-clad, homeless, pan-handling, frequent Mayoral candidate Leslie Cochrane (a MALE...lol), and you will see what mean.
--

Greg Heilers
I agree with this entirely.

In most states this would be considered criminal trespassing.......or it might get you shot
shockie B)

Tell the state.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

jerry, What are you talking about?