In California, harrased by off duty fireman while launching

No, as long as you never showed it to anyone it wouldn't be very useful. And if you refrain from any activities where you might have to show an ID you'll never have to show it to anyone. In that case there'd be no reason for you to have an ID at all.

Why don't you just stop driving and dispose of the DL entirely?

So put a photo on it.

Now, could you please explain how a national ID card or a national standard for IDs by itself poses any restriction of civil liberties to law abiding citizens?

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

No. Why do you assume that a national ID card or a national standard for state-issued IDs would enable police to challenge your right to walk in public at any time and demand to see your papers?

I don't see the connection. Could you explain it to me?

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Don't concern yourself with other states, there's at least one US Senator from Illinois that needs to be removed.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Doing it myself doesn't exactly make it a legal government issued photo ID.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Whoops, I forgot that one. Teddy's car is more dangerous than all the HPR rockets ever built combined!

And I also forgot WI, and our good friend Sen Kohl.

At least I don't have to add Strom's state (IIRC it was one of the Carolinas, but I'm not sure which one) to the list.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Gee, I figured that would be a bonus for you.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Aren't you opposed to legal government issued photo IDs?

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Yes. But a HAM license is less of an intrusion than a passport or drivers license. Imagine presenting my HAM license at the airport to get through security. Or for even more fun, an LEUP if *IT* had a photo on it :-)

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Which one and why?

Durbin is the only Democrat to co-sponsor the Enzi bill. Obama has only been there 6 months.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

What else would you do with a national ID card? If I don't need to show it any time a cop asks for it, I'll just do as I said, and stuff it in my lock box.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

How so. There's no requirement to have any of them.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

So what do I have to give up to remain anonymous? Air travel? Driving? Going to work? Shopping?

It gives the government the power to track your every move, every purchase, health, etc.

Just becasue I'm not a felon doesn't mean that I want the government watching my every move. Hell, I want the opposite. Give every GOVERNMENT employee some sort of card so the CITIZENS can watch their every move.

What ever happened to "of the PEOPLE, by the PEOPLE, for the PEOPLE"?

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Durbin, because his recent speech on detainees demonstrated he's a complete ignoramus.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

A photo is really old school biometrics. Gatica, that's the future.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Maybe You could get an id with Your picture and jerry's name and address.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

You use it for identification when that need arises.

There you go. See? Your objections were imaginary.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll

Dead as a door nail.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Poor felonious jerry.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I already know who I am. SO I have no need for an ID card.

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

Then it won't affect you. Those that never have need of identification will not be affected.

Reply to
Steven P. McNicoll