In California, harrased by off duty fireman while launching

Rick Dickinson wrote:

Hey...doesn't such technology violate the "Americans With Disabilities Act"? There are a *lot* of people in this nation who (through birth or accident) do not have hands (and therefore no fingers).
:o)
--

Greg Heilers
Registered Linux user #328317 - Slackware 10.1 (2.6.10)
Greg Heilers wrote:

Toe prints? Or........ never mind.

I'd REALLY like to vote a few senators and reps out of office that are from other states. NY, NJ, CA come to mind immediately...
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972

from
Add Massachusetts to that list.
"That woman took my car and used it to commit suicide... that's my story and I'm sticking to it" "And remember, vote for Teddy and vote often!"
Randy http://vernarockets.com /

Don't concern yourself with other states, there's at least one US Senator from Illinois that needs to be removed.

As long as I don't have to ever show it to any one, I guess it doesn't I could jsut stick it in my safety depost box with my Social Security card and similar stuff.
But that wouldn't make it very useful, would it. As I said, I don't carry my DL on me, except when I'm acutally driving. There have been many times where I've been asked for it, and "just said no".
I really wish my HAM license had a photo on it...
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Bob Kaplow wrote:

What's stopping you? :)

No, as long as you never showed it to anyone it wouldn't be very useful. And if you refrain from any activities where you might have to show an ID you'll never have to show it to anyone. In that case there'd be no reason for you to have an ID at all.

Why don't you just stop driving and dispose of the DL entirely?

So put a photo on it.
Now, could you please explain how a national ID card or a national standard for IDs by itself poses any restriction of civil liberties to law abiding citizens?
On 18 Jul 2005 11:40:05 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.mars (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

A photo is really old school biometrics. Gatica, that's the future.
Alan
yeappers.....they make all newborns in the us get a social security number...soon they will take a sample of your blood for a national dna database....
shockie B)
writes:

I have news for you.

At least this week, it's not required to have one until you want to claim the kid as a tax deduction after their first birthday. IIRC the only thing the hospital did was file for the birth certificate. They gave us the forms for the SSN.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
"I tell you, freedom and human rights in America are doomed. The U.S. government will lead the American people in and the West in general into an unbearable hell and a choking life."

What's stopping me from what?
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
This is a country which stands tallest in troubled times, a country that clings to fundamental principles, cherishes its constitutional heritage, and rejects simple solutions that compromise the values that lie at the roots of our democratic system. -- Supreme Court Justice Thurgood Marshall, 1972
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Gluing Your photo to Your ham license.

Doing it myself doesn't exactly make it a legal government issued photo ID.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.
Bob Kaplow wrote:

Gee, I figured that would be a bonus for you.

Aren't you opposed to legal government issued photo IDs?

Whoops, I forgot that one. Teddy's car is more dangerous than all the HPR rockets ever built combined!
And I also forgot WI, and our good friend Sen Kohl.
At least I don't have to add Strom's state (IIRC it was one of the Carolinas, but I'm not sure which one) to the list.
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.

Yes. But a HAM license is less of an intrusion than a passport or drivers license. Imagine presenting my HAM license at the airport to get through security. Or for even more fun, an LEUP if *IT* had a photo on it :-)
Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)! <<< Kaplow Klips & Baffle:    http://nira-rocketry.org/Document/MayJun00.pdf www.encompasserve.org/~kaplow_r/ www.nira-rocketry.org www.nar.org
We need to ensure that actions by our government uphold the principles of a democratic society, accountable government and international law, and that all decisions are taken in a manner consistent with the Constitution.

How so. There's no requirement to have any of them.