Interesting high lights of the NAR BoD Meeting and ...

Why don't you prove that anyone besides you three care?

Reply to
Phil Stein

While you were both gone. Since you were gone longer, I thought maybe Ray dumped you in one of those mines. 8-)

Reply to
Phil Stein

Well Phil,

One thing this whole thread has shown is that there are CLEAR and DEEP divisions in the doctrines' of both High Power/Amature and toy/low power rockets. I believe this is why we are failing/falling ... we are NOT united. Well there are other fascinating and challenging hobbies to spend time and money one ...

And the beat goes on ...

Phil Ste> >

Reply to
lunarlos

THIS should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Honestly?

Three people on the planet are willing to do it but do NOT want it.

It is a largely thankless job.

For that alone Mr. Mark Bundick largely has my respect.

I still disagree with several of his policies, some very agressively.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Please?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Disregareding actual witness accounts is very convenient for your largely personal attack strategy.

Ever.

27 CFR 555.141-a-8 (a United States Fedral regulation citation).

I posted them. You responded to those posts. Selective menmory??

Blatently false.

False memory.

Oh what a tangled web.

Let's see your waivers from your Nevada flights Ray.

Let's see your waivers from your Nevada flights Ray.

So are you admitting you did not have waivers?

I am not.

Let's see real, actual Ray Dunakin responses to EACH of these points. Please?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Depending on alleged "witness accounts" instead of verifiable evidence is very convenient for your avoidance strategy. So is making accusations against others in order to shift the focus away from your lies. Sorry, I'm not going to play that game.

raydunakin

Yes. Both is even better.

Makes a mosaic.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

You're right, we're not 100% united, and making disparaging remarks about the flying preferences others have (i.e., "toy rockets") is NOT helpful in that regards.

NAR and TRA both have their place in the world, and thankfull the respective boards understand the need for the organizations to work together and communicate. For that matter, they appear to be doing a good job of working with CAR, as well.

Making divisive and disparaging remarks is anything BUT helpful.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I think monocopters are inherently more dangerous than 3FNC rockets. I think HPR monocopters should have names like "Grim Reaper". Because of the higher energies involved, some things that can be done with MR should not be replicated in HPR.

If HPR motors are actually coming out of their rockets, the safety code should be changed to require a safety cable be attached to the motor. Some race cars mandate safety cables to keep wheels from flying into the crowds after crashes.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

The loss is almost all senior members. It is probably just a calculated consequence of the dues increase. These members are likely just dead wood, who decide to no longer bear the expense, and perhaps some underpaid teachers, or students who just graduated into the higher NAR tax bracket. So all is well... I wish the NAR was even more donation funded instead of a "tax and spend" org.

Actually I find it encouraging that Mark is willing to admit his limitations and defer to experts.

Nose under the tent. AS long as it does not affect insurance rates or public perception, making it more difficult to get launch sites, I'm OK with that.

BFD, surely we are well past that already. How about a real goal of

10,000 Junior NAR members by 2007?

Really! If you buy a Hummer it should have the armor, including a tougher windshield.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Funny how the folks who don't actually DO high power rocketry are always the ones who think they know best how it should be done.

Reply to
raydunakin

OMG ... BINGO!

Ray, you are correct. Hey Alan, that $750,000.00 that was burned to the ground because an A8-3 powered rocket landed on its roof and caught the house on fire ... what if someone had been home sleeping ... they would be DEAD today. I fear the little scamp 12 year old who gets a rocket set, and then stuffs fire crackers down the tube then launches ... never mind ... lets not give NAR another competition event ... LOL.

Alan, I think you can google the news article about that home in Lafyett, CA that was burned to the groud 2000/2001 IIRC. At least with TRA, we don't lauch in neihborhoods, back yards, school fields, city parks, ect.. It takes hours, sometimes DAYS to drive to a TRA event out where NO private property can be damaged. On the other hand, NAR type activities are CONSTANTLY burning up fiels, back yards, homes, ect..

TRA is VERY responcible to the flyier, the public, and to the government. Personally, I wish that NAR was NOT part of the legal issues with the government; as I feel that more negative press and occurances have occured with low power/toy rocketry, than high power/amature. Think about it, the most we (TRA) can destroy at a lauch are: cars, launch pads, and ourselves. NAR activities HAVE destroyed houses, fields, etc. and could potentially KILL due to the activity being right inside public areas.

If TRA was FREE of NAR, we could then broker deals with the military (NAR people tend not to be pro military, based on numerous postings I have read here) and other government agencies. We could also be more involved in R&D and colleges ... face it, a PhD will learn more with a Mach 2 bird at 40,000 feet then that alpha at 200mph at 300 feet! TRA could sell itself in the same way the NRA does ... no not NAR spelled wrong, I am talking about the National Rifle Association (I'm a member). NAR would be free to go back to A, B, C, and D, and we could carry the torch forward from there.

Reply to
lunarlos

Who the h3!! is this lunarlos idiot?

Interesting. NAR has been dealing with the military since it's beginning. IIRC DOD is even on board as a sponsor of TARC.

NAR VP Trip Barber recently retired from the Navy as a Captain. He commanded

2 tours on a destroyer in the Persian gulf. He was the commander of the largest military base in the world. He was on duty in the Pentagon on 9/11. He still works there, in the same job, but now as a civilian.

Joyce Guzik, just elected to the NAR BOD, works at Los Alamos, doing you-know-what.

There have been plenty of other military and ex-military folks in the NAR.

Thank you very much for your narrow mindedness. I've donated several times, even though my donations also help jerks like you.

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

You and the TRA are free to broker deals with the military, whatever that means. The NAR is not stoping you.

That opinion is not supported by the facts.

Please do make TRA more involved in R&D and colleges. This might even prompt me to join the TRA in support. Please point me to the R&D reports that the TRA and its members have done so far.

When was the last time you or any TRA member flew a HPR at Mach 2 at

40,000 feet? The NRA must be so proud to have member like you.

Model rocketry is A-G, and the NAR has never abandoned MR, they've always been there. TRA did take the lead in HPR, and the NAR followed. The NAR cooperates with the TRA and does not prevent them form torch carrying. The NAR has not followed the torch wielding TRA into EX, but has not prevented TRA from practicing EX.

Yak, that's you.

Alan, L0

Reply to
Alan Jones

What has gone wrong with your monocopters? Were they construction problems or motor problems? Launch pad problems or centrifugal force problems?

Monocopters don't scare me, all I've ever seen have been given reasonable safety distances, a lightweight I motored 3fnc in which the LCO announces "does anyone have an eyeball on that rocket? ........anyone?" Now that scares me. That's the big danger to everyone. THAT is way more dangerous.

Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Rudy

snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote: I don't donate to the legal fund, because it is

This is what is known as "cutting of your nose to spite your face". Refusing to help protect high power rocketry simply because NAR might benefit in some way from that effort is just plain stupid.

Reply to
raydunakin

And hence FAR more cool, yet fully safety code compliant and, incidentally, proven safe in practice.

:)

You got your wish already.

The annual HPR launch is called "Large and Dangerous Rocketships". BTW it was founded by Chris Pearson. I flew the first rocket at LDRS-1. A USR Hi-Test 2420 (Ace Parts of course) with an Estes D12.

And despite many suggestions to change the name have been thwarted by comments from people like you. I am beginning to believe the "keep the name" advocates.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Point.