Interesting high lights of the NAR BoD Meeting and ...

In article

Yes.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What a typically useless answer, serving only to stroke your over-inflated ego.
On 17 Aug 2005 13:50:10 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Ray,
Can you bust on Jerry a little less? Maybe just every other post?
Gessh it was almost civil while you two were gone.

While HE was gone.

While you were both gone. Since you were gone longer, I thought maybe Ray dumped you in one of those mines. 8-)
Well Phil,
One thing this whole thread has shown is that there are CLEAR and DEEP divisions in the doctrines' of both High Power/Amature and toy/low power rockets. I believe this is why we are failing/falling ... we are NOT united. Well there are other fascinating and challenging hobbies to spend time and money one ...
And the beat goes on ...
Phil Stein wrote:

THIS should be in the FAQ.
snipped-for-privacy@juno.com wrote:

You're right, we're not 100% united, and making disparaging remarks about the flying preferences others have (i.e., "toy rockets") is NOT helpful in that regards.
NAR and TRA both have their place in the world, and thankfull the respective boards understand the need for the organizations to work together and communicate. For that matter, they appear to be doing a good job of working with CAR, as well.
Making divisive and disparaging remarks is anything BUT helpful.
-Kevin
On 8 Aug 2005 13:53:09 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@juno.com"

The loss is almost all senior members. It is probably just a calculated consequence of the dues increase. These members are likely just dead wood, who decide to no longer bear the expense, and perhaps some underpaid teachers, or students who just graduated into the higher NAR tax bracket. So all is well... I wish the NAR was even more donation funded instead of a "tax and spend" org.

Actually I find it encouraging that Mark is willing to admit his limitations and defer to experts.

Nose under the tent. AS long as it does not affect insurance rates or public perception, making it more difficult to get launch sites, I'm OK with that.

BFD, surely we are well past that already. How about a real goal of 10,000 Junior NAR members by 2007?

Really! If you buy a Hummer it should have the armor, including a tougher windshield.
Alan