Kline

He was yet another LMR witch hunt casualty.

And he had a bulletproof defense. He was exempt as a manufacturer doing R&D.

Stine/Miller/Apt booted him devoid of "due process". A monologue is not due process BTW. It is a kangaroo court.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Not at the time.

Bob Kaplow

At the time.

Jay Apt refused to allow a point by point defense in favor of a Miller monologue.

My legal defense was ignored in toto.

It was a kangaroo court pure and simple.

Resided over by an astronaut.

Evil resides in the strangest places.

Jerry

And now for the first time it is on the record.

Jay is retired from NASA.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Now Jerry I let the first mention of 'Kangaroo Court' go.......but that's twice......I gotta pipe up!!! I hope you aren't linking us Aussies with something bad here???

As one of our former Chick Pollies would say....."Please Explain"

I'm kidding...............as in joke......... :-)

Reply to
CJC

I suspect it's an Americanism - the term refers to a tribunal which seems to have been arranged more to produce a prepared result than to provide a fair hearing on the issues. (I'm not sure how the phrase itself originated, or what the supposed comparison to kangaroos is supposed to be...)

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

"Interestingly, the term kangaroo court, meaning a criminal proceeding that is conducted for show and where the defendant is inevitably going to be found guilty, is not of Australian origin. The earliest use of the term was recorded in Texas, of all places, circa 1850. The term Kangaroo court was unknown in Australia until it was introduced there from America. No one knows how this term arose, but it is usually assumed to be in reference to how the defendant will be bounced from the court to the gallows. Lighter suggests that the term may have arisen from the way a kangaroo court defies the law, just as the kangaroo's appearance seems to defy the laws of nature."

bit eimer

I love Aussies. Email me for proof.

It is a USA "term". Sorry!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

What is the Russian (soviet) term for that?

Cuban?

Jerry

(I'm not sure how the phrase

"Jump" to a conclusion.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Well how about that! Ya learn something new everyday...... To be honest I had never heard of the saying before..........That's just hopping mad that is....

A friend sitting near by just called me 'Stupid' and give me a belt around the ears with a length of BT-80....... He knew what it was.... Then again he's been in court more times than I have.......:-)

Duh me!!!

Reply to
CJC

Poor Jerry

Reply to
Phil Stein

That sounds like a French trial.

Reply to
Alan Jones

My favorite is a phrase my dad used to say that I believe came from the Australian Navy. After finishing a bottled beverage (usually alcoholic) he would say "another dead Marine", sometimes adding "who served his country well".

Reply to
Alex Mericas

I've elsewhere encountered the term "dead soldiers" for empty drink bottles.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Yup, we use the term dead soldiers up here though mostly for beer bottles. Even our cops do, as is "I hope that case in your back seat is all dead soldiers." "Yes, officer, I'm (hic) taking them back for the deposit (hic). Would you like a (hic) breath mint?".

Mike D.

Reply to
Mike Dennett

I do believe that is the origin of the phrase. It sounds more plausible than an intellectual comparison to the animal itself.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips