lost rockets and a reflection on costs

Jerry Irvine wrote:

That's a good thing; helps to keep consumer price down... However, with some venders, it causes them to take short cuts in there regulatory compliance or component quality, the latter resulting in poor product quality. Of course I'm not naming names, but they know who they are.
Fred

Objections
Per part cost Size "missing key features"
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Fred's post was a heck of a lot more useful than yours. All you did was brag about some product you once had, and didn't even mention until later that your product isn't available.

It's only not available to Tripoli and "sport rocket" members.
That simplfies life.
Get over it
Jerry Irvine wrote:

What's to "get over"?

Nada por usted.
Dave Grayvis wrote:

I can't get over "big fine" acting like a moron, receptively.. (:-)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

You said it was "not in production". That means it's not available to anyone. Were you lying when you said it's not in production? Or are you lying now?

My "minions" are not sitting around making them "now".
I have plenty already. And they are only available to who I say they are available to.
For example, not you.
Jerry
U.S. Rockets Sonoroc's are perfect not only for cornfield flying but also for retrteiving camera rockets when flying in canyons or other interesting geological features.
But that would only be of interest to folks who actually FLY rockets.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Which "minions"? Do you mean that lying scum bag, jerky bovine? Or did you mean that idiot, zippy the irvine?

Good thing too. No one here wants one. It was you who brought up the whole issue.
Since you have so many, take a picture of one so we can see what we are all missing.

That's a relief. We were all worried that wasn't the case.

you forgot to mention "rat holes"

Then what would be your interest in them?

Obviously more than yours. When was the last time YOU flew a rocket Brian?
This is a Usenet newsgroup. It is about rockets. You repurposing it for your personal attack agenda aside.
Jerry
"These trolls "ruin it for everyone", take pleasure in it, then as bullys always do, blame it on the victim." - Jerry Irvine
"I actually commend Jerry for donating so much to the rocketry fund and I challange anyone to match that." - Mike
"Jerry, you know better than most that no good deed goes unpunished. They hate you for taking the stand they reject, because that stand is based on a principle that undermines their very reason for being.
You have done nothing but tirelessly render a sane and consistent treatment of the subject and while many silent judges have seen merit, you endure the scorn of those hypocrits who strut their pretense of advocacy while urging us down a path of self-emasculation.
The fact is that Jerry Irvine is a hero, and the world has never had a shortage of people whose self-interest supersedes all other concerns.
Heroes just get in the way." - iz
:)
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Actually Jerry, it was you who "repurposed" it. You brought up your out-of-production device just so you could brag about how supposedly great it was -- though without mentioning any of the alleged features that make it so great. When questioned about it, you then claimed it was out of production, revealing the pointlessness of your original post. Now you turn around and say it's still available but not to the vast majority of rocket hobbyists who fly with TRA/NAR. Meanwhile you still refuse to say what makes you alleged product so great, or even offer any proof it actually exists, and when anyone questions you about it you say they're "attacking" you.
The days when you could freely post unsupported claims and other BS without being challenged about it are over. There are too many people who have wised up to your ways and will demand proof whenever you make such claims. Asking for proof is not an attack, it's just the prudent thing to do. Calling you on it when you fail to produce any proof is not an attack, it's just truth.
On 20 Jun 2005 10:05:18 -0700, " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com"

Poor Jerry.
Jerry - it's time to get with the times.

You know what you should get from that exchange? That discussing anything at all with you in the mix is pointless.
When the "usual suspects" are not posting to a thread, some actual tech posts occur.
Unlike this one and the one before it and the one before it.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Fred posted some very useful, helpful technical info to this thread, and all you did was bitch about how it wasn't as good as your out-of-production "product" while refusing to say what makes your alleged "product" so much better. You now say it's still available, but you haven't said anything about where or how anyone can purchase it. You only said it's not available to most rocket hobbyists. So far, you've posted nothing to this thread that was of any use to anyone. It's just another example of Jerry running off at the mouth in a futile attempt to convince everyone how much better he is than everyone else.

See?
The pictures and directions are posted to ABMR
Fred
"W. E. Fred Wallace" wrote:

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 13:11:02 -0400, "W. E. Fred Wallace"

Thanks -
Just 'Tech Fred.'
On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 06:50:52 GMT, Dave Grayvis

So Jerry goes to the doctor.
Doctor - What seems to be the problem?
Jerry - My ears hurt whenever I have sex.
Doctor - Stop 'Dating' women that have Rat Shack Personal Alarms.
8-)

They don't publish anyone elses's news releases - why would they publish USR's?
Also, if the Sonoroc Brrpers are no longer available, why did you suggest using them in a recent post? I'm probably not the only one that searched for them after your suggestion.