lost rockets and a reflection on costs

I plead the 5th. ;-)

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Amendment, or size of the bottle???

David Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Must be three features, then, as you forgot "Buy now, delivered with the t-shirts"

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Don't give up hope; Don got a rocket back that we were able to salvage the motor hardware and parachute from. If the altimeter hadn't gotten quite so corroded, it might've been salvagable, too.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I'd be REALLY happy If I could get the altimeter and motorcase back - anything else would just be a bonus. In analyzing what happened, I think that my beeper fell off or otherwise failed. I didn't hear it when it was under 'chute, and I usually do.

I ran the conditions in Rocksim, and it called for a maximum drift of about

5900ft. (I really doubt it went that far) I went out to 1.5 miles looking.....nothing. I had an excellent sightline on it with my GPS, but the cover was pretty thick. So I could have walked close past it and not known it. I still have the waypoints in my eTrex, so I can easily get back to where I was and search some more next time I'm there.
Reply to
J.A. Michel

BTW, how long was Don's out there before it got found?

Reply to
J.A. Michel

It was a fall launch and we found it in the spring, so in addition to having been run over, it sat out in the fields over winter. We found it dropped off at the launch site prior to our first launch.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

LOL!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

Incessant whining?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

No, you couldn't be afraid of that. you are the one that's been incessanty whining.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

No wonder you're so high strung. You constantly produce the very thing you fear.

raydunakin