lost rockets and a reflection on costs

What's to "get over"?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Nada por usted.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I can't get over "big fine" acting like a moron, receptively.. (:-)

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace

I've never lost a high power rocket before, so I'm taking it pretty hard. I made a mistake during prep, now I'm paying the price. I know that loss is part of the game, but it doesn't make it any easier to take.

However, the weather was great, there were a lot of people there, and there were a lot of excellent flights on some really big motors. I consider that a successful launch!

Reply to
J.A. Michel

You said it was "not in production". That means it's not available to anyone. Were you lying when you said it's not in production? Or are you lying now?

Reply to
raydunakin

It always sucks to lose an expensive rocket with motor hardware and electronics. I hope it turns up eventually.

raydunakin

My "minions" are not sitting around making them "now".

I have plenty already. And they are only available to who I say they are available to.

For example, not you.

Jerry

U.S. Rockets Sonoroc's are perfect not only for cornfield flying but also for retrteiving camera rockets when flying in canyons or other interesting geological features.

But that would only be of interest to folks who actually FLY rockets.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Which "minions"? Do you mean that lying scum bag, jerky bovine? Or did you mean that idiot, zippy the irvine?

Good thing too. No one here wants one. It was you who brought up the whole issue.

Since you have so many, take a picture of one so we can see what we are all missing.

That's a relief. We were all worried that wasn't the case.

you forgot to mention "rat holes"

Then what would be your interest in them?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Obviously more than yours. When was the last time YOU flew a rocket Brian?

This is a Usenet newsgroup. It is about rockets. You repurposing it for your personal attack agenda aside.

Jerry

"These trolls "ruin it for everyone", take pleasure in it, then as bullys always do, blame it on the victim."

- Jerry Irvine

"I actually commend Jerry for donating so much to the rocketry fund and I challange anyone to match that."

- Mike

"Jerry, you know better than most that no good deed goes unpunished. They hate you for taking the stand they reject, because that stand is based on a principle that undermines their very reason for being.

You have done nothing but tirelessly render a sane and consistent treatment of the subject and while many silent judges have seen merit, you endure the scorn of those hypocrits who strut their pretense of advocacy while urging us down a path of self-emasculation.

The fact is that Jerry Irvine is a hero, and the world has never had a shortage of people whose self-interest supersedes all other concerns.

Heroes just get in the way."

- iz

:)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Actually Jerry, it was you who "repurposed" it. You brought up your out-of-production device just so you could brag about how supposedly great it was -- though without mentioning any of the alleged features that make it so great. When questioned about it, you then claimed it was out of production, revealing the pointlessness of your original post. Now you turn around and say it's still available but not to the vast majority of rocket hobbyists who fly with TRA/NAR. Meanwhile you still refuse to say what makes you alleged product so great, or even offer any proof it actually exists, and when anyone questions you about it you say they're "attacking" you.

The days when you could freely post unsupported claims and other BS without being challenged about it are over. There are too many people who have wised up to your ways and will demand proof whenever you make such claims. Asking for proof is not an attack, it's just the prudent thing to do. Calling you on it when you fail to produce any proof is not an attack, it's just truth.

Reply to
raydunakin

Poor Jerry.

Jerry - it's time to get with the times.

Reply to
Phil Stein

You know what you should get from that exchange? That discussing anything at all with you in the mix is pointless.

When the "usual suspects" are not posting to a thread, some actual tech posts occur.

Unlike this one and the one before it and the one before it.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Fred posted some very useful, helpful technical info to this thread, and all you did was bitch about how it wasn't as good as your out-of-production "product" while refusing to say what makes your alleged "product" so much better. You now say it's still available, but you haven't said anything about where or how anyone can purchase it. You only said it's not available to most rocket hobbyists. So far, you've posted nothing to this thread that was of any use to anyone. It's just another example of Jerry running off at the mouth in a futile attempt to convince everyone how much better he is than everyone else.

Reply to
raydunakin

See?

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So what? Who says that they HAVE to publish ads or releases for any company? Isn't that *your* job as company owner/principal? Produce it, advertise it, and let the public decide. Hell, if it's that good, maybe I'd buy one...

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

"mistake during prep"? Did it lawn dart? :-(

Eldred

Reply to
Eldred Pickett

Everything is a choice among alternatives.

One choice is to not bother with rmr WRT products generally.

One choice is to not emphasize the harshest rocket market on the planet, the "restricted access" TRA/NAR paradigm. Self imposed despite the law otherwise.

Might I suggest the Pratt Device?

It only has 2 less features.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

So where do you advertise your products?

There are no restrictions on electronics such as locator sirens. What "other market" do you emphasize?

Why do you keep refering to features on a product you won't sell to anyone here, while refusing to say what those features are? What are you afraid of -- would those features somehow get you in trouble with yet another federal agency? Or are they simply a product of your imagination?

{
Reply to
raydunakin

Additional features of the non-existent (currently) product:

Low inventory costs Reduced storage space

David "couldn't resist" Erbas-White

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Reply to