on TRA disclosure

What, exactly, do you believe the NAR/TRA "agenda" to be?

Elucidating their real intent might allow others to see the logic behind the NAR/TRA actions and prove your points more effectively.

Since you accuse them of enabling anti-rocketry regulations and rules, to what end or purpose are they doing that?

Reply to
Gary

Deny, defeat, defend. Maintain status quo in regulation and leadership. Fend off perceived challenges to that.

Ironically 100% of growth prospects involve changes to that.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry, what "legal standing" does UL have?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

With State legislature appointed AHJ status.

Underwriters Laboratories is not a government agency and it has legal standing.

snip endless bullcrap.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

He's already said, Gary. He believes the two big guys want a monopoly between them on running the whole rocketry show. By making restrictive rules that disallow any activity not in accordance with their "views".

steve

Reply to
default

Please pardon my jumping in here, but I do have such an example.

Scuba certification is for life; there are no fee or testing requirements after the initial training and examination.

Continuing education is encouraged, of course, as are refreshers if you haven't been diving for a significant time. It's your own responsibility to do so, however, and as long as you are certified, you should be able to get air fills.

For dive professionals, it is a different story, of course; there are annual dues to your agency. However, not paying your dues results in the canceling of your professional affiliation; your certification remains intact.

Reply to
Samuron

So the scuba cert I got in high school is still valid?

Cool.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

But NAR/TRA insurance does protect NAR/TRA. The individuals membership status doesn't matter for insurance. We ALWAYS have non members flying at NIRA launches, and NIRA AND our site owner are fully covered. So are NAR members. But non members, and for that matter TRA only members, are NOT.

Bob Kaplow

Naah, you're mutton letting the BOD and Central Kommand get away with anything they want. TRA needs a bunch of border collies turned loose on them :-)

Bob Kaplow

Well, then go look it up and tell me what it says about the code of conduct. I'm still surprised that they actually printed "Sonny"s racist comment!

Bob Kaplow

what can be objectively observed:

  1. their survival, all other priorities are secondary
  2. their dominance over rocketry activities and markets

see (2) above

ponder this:

what are the implications to TRA if S.724 as introduced became law

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

contributing to NFPA codes which have the power of law in adoptive states actually helps that agenda

as rocketry advocacies they should be arguing for the least restrictive codes practicable. Instead they act as regulatory surrogates and are actually proud of being such!

their rationale is that if they sufficiently oppress rocketry, the BATFE will see that they are doing such a great job of "self regulation" that no intervention is necessary

oppress, n

  1. To keep down by severe and unjust use of force or authority

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I'll up that. I'll pay him a $100 consultation fee plus 10x actual costs PLUS whatever promised by me and others in the past.

All this for a PUBLIC document.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

thanks, Samuron! that is very useful

- iz :)

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

he is full of it, Bob.

I have seen comments go by with little remarks beyond a bored acknowledgement, and then a day or two later much more substantive response.

Ray is definitely being coached

- iz

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I was informed by my non-rocketry insider (ie NOT PRICE) Bruce spends a lot of time on the internet fighting allegations.

As you know we do not see them here, on the TRA list or on ROL Forums. So where?

Both of my grandparents lived in Utah all their life and I have lots of friends and family there, and one of them goes to his LDS church and listens with interest knowing full well Bruce Kelly has been on a full court press against me for over a decade now. I am going to not post personal details of his life (even to private lists), but suffice to say the allegation of coaching has merit.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I think we have a new member to the BFH (Brotherhood of Foil Hats).

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Jerry, stop lying. We all know you have no friends.

As for the rest, all I can say is maybe you should try two layers of foil instead of just one. Remember, the voices in your head aren't real. AND FOR GOD'S SAKE TAKE YOUR PROZAC! I'm sure your parents would loan you the money.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Not after doing business with Kosdon and Rosenfield.

Parents have ethics.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

If what you describe, (requirements under NFPA), becomes an issue in Maryland, MDRA will, more than likely, apply for an exemption from the state. With our history, local government support, and 501C status, I see it as a minor annoyance to accomplish.

Fred

Reply to
W. E. Fred Wallace