Popular Science article

A JUDGE changed their mind FOR THEM.
Here's the JUDGE's words verifying it.
"In addition, the Court finds that the ATF's pronouncement that sport rocket motors are not PADs is invalid because it was made without compliance with the notice-and-comment rulemaking procedures of the OCCA and the APA."
Here is the court order that is from:
http://www.v-serv.com/atf/62.pdf
Just factual Jerry

Jerry Irvine wrote:

No he didn't. The case hasn't been settled and the ATF's policy has not changed. But please, prove me wrong -- talk to the ATF and ask them if they've changed their policy. Ask them if the judge has convinced them that motors are exempt. Then post their reply, and includes names and contact information so we can verify that you didn't just make it up again.

I did. You didn't like the asnwer.
When we butted heads on the topic I challenged TRA to simply follow their own motor renewal rules so I could be allowed to stick my neck out. Wayyy out.
Aren't you TRA guys tired enough of me yet to GIVE me the rope to hang myself with?

Nope. The judge is the FINAL word. For now at least.

That would be like asking you to take an inteligence test, and pass. You might take the test but you would not pass.
But if I asked you to simply fly a camera rocket with an I211, you would, FAA waiver or not, you would "get away with it".
See my point?
Jerry
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Specifically, what did the BATFE tell you?

Motor cert renewals is out of the question. The original manufacturer ceased to exist after 1990.
Any motors you have, are of different origin. Full cert rules apply.

Are you so pathetic that you can't "do the right thing", without special help from others?
Try harder.

Good, then I'm sure you are ready to obey the fraud judgment finalized by the Judge in Ventura, and pay up.

No, what's your point?

All propellant is exempt.

False.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Where is Powertech located?
Who owns them?
Do "they" have My money?

In your living room? At least until you return goods as ordered.

Sheeple Irvine wrote:

Prove it.
Jerry Irvine wrote:

Bull. You've never posted anything verifiable from the ATF stating that they now consider rocket motors to be exempt as PADs regardless of size.

You just want us to hang in your place, while you hide your illegal operation behind shell games.

The judge hasn't given the final word yet, and the ATF has not changed their policy.

Again, bull! Post something that can be verified, or shut up and sit down, you lying sack.

"Getting away" with something doesn't mean it's legal. I get away with speeding all the time, but it's not legal. The fact I get away with speeding is not proof that the state of California has changed their laws or enforcement.
TRA has no obligation to help you "get away" with illegal manufacture, sales, and shipping of motors.
wrote:>>4.2.4 The Tripoli Rocketry Association does not regulate the storage of

Wait... they've said that? Where? If I mix AP and HTPB I've purchased separately to make a solid fuel grain, what makes that any different than the same essential mixture sold to me by Aerotech? And why wouldn't they have an interest in how I store that? After all, the same organization has an interest if I make moonshine or too much muscadine wine from the muscadines on my property.
Roy nar12605
Roy Green wrote:

If your "homemade" propellant is not for sale, then you don't need the LEMP, however, You are supposed to store the propellant properly.
Aerotech is a commercial manufacturer, and as such require a LEMP.

Simply false.
And inconsistent with another post of yours recently today.
exactly my point. You don't need a LEMP nor LEUP to self-manufacture your own APCP BUT you do need a LEUP,magazine,etc for proper storage .
shockie B)

shockwaveriderz wrote:

Incorrect.
Proper storage only requires a magazine. A LEUP or "etc.", has NOTHING to do with proper storage.
On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 16:58:43 GMT, Dave Grayvis

Ever try to get a LEUP without what ATFE considers proper storage?
Phil Stein wrote:

Yes, but my point is this, You don't need a LEUP to have a magazine and store homemade propellant in it.
Phil Stein wrote:

I think the point DaveG is trying to make is that you can have proper storage without having a LEUP. Whether or not the ATF would be satisfied with that arrangement is another story.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

In regards to *non-commercial* manufacturing of Fireworks, for personal use, the BATFE maintains that you do *NOT* need a LEUP, but you must store said materials properly, ie. a magazine.
On Fri, 15 Jul 2005 05:27:53 GMT, Dave Grayvis

State and local authorities may also require permits, or have an outright ban, even if the BATFE is not concerned.
Alan
Alan Jones wrote:

Oh yes, I absolutely agree, but in this instance we were talking BATFE.