Popular Science article

In regards to *non-commercial* manufacturing of Fireworks, for personal use, the BATFE maintains that you do *NOT* need a LEUP, but you must store said materials properly, ie. a magazine.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

I don't think that is a big reason for EX becoming more popular. Many people doing it already have LEUPs. I'd say the challenge & satisfaction are the biggest reasons followed by desire for a particular performance profile, certain visual effects and of course $$$.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Check the Orange book? IIRC it's in there.

Reply to
Phil Stein

Wrong.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Bullshit.

It is simnply because TRA will not follow its own rules and renew the motors I am entitled to renewal of based on their own rules and also NFPA-1125.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then, how does "one" get busted for possession of a destructive device?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

However since Tripoli (inapproriately) TREATS rocket motors as EXPLOSIVES, it was accurate.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

A JUDGE changed their mind FOR THEM.

Here's the JUDGE's words verifying it.

"In addition, the Court finds that the ATF's pronouncement that sport rocket motors are not PADs is invalid because it was made without compliance with the notice-and-comment rulemaking procedures of the OCCA and the APA."

Here is the court order that is from:

Just factual Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Then what did you get busted for?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

So I guess the guys that arrested you were members of TRA? Did you get their membership numbers and cert levels so we could make sure it was a clean arrest? How much 'quality time' did you spend with Bubba that time around?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Usenet is media. It is PUBLIC It is worldwide.

I assume Tripoli members did all those things, eh?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

It is not a national magazine.

It is not a tv show. :|

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

So then, what was your "destructive device"? You've said that we're all potentially at risk of being charged with the same crime, so please let us know which items we have that could potentially fall into that category.

Reply to
raydunakin

That big DOT fine proves you can't legally ship your motors. You also lack an LEMP which the ATF says you must have to manufacture motors.

You can't renew certs on motors that don't meet current certification standards.

0
Reply to
raydunakin

Poor Jerry

Reply to
Phil Stein

No we don't. The ATF does. That's why we're suing them, because the ATF says they are explosives and we know they are not.

Your constant lying in this regard is just a pathetic attempt to shift blame off your own inability to operate within the law. You know you can't pull the wool over the ATF's eyes (or the DOT, or the CSFM) so you try to make TRA a party to your illegal operations, to cover for you. TRA would have to take the heat while you ship motors labeled as "model aircraft parts" and play shell games to hide your manufacturing facility.

raydunakin

No he didn't. The case hasn't been settled and the ATF's policy has not changed. But please, prove me wrong -- talk to the ATF and ask them if they've changed their policy. Ask them if the judge has convinced them that motors are exempt. Then post their reply, and includes names and contact information so we can verify that you didn't just make it up again.

Reply to
raydunakin

It's not "THE media", and it's not a national magazine or TV show.

Maybe, but it could have been a lot worse. We could have had a member who's been fined by DOT for illegal shipping and been convicted for possession of a destructive device. Imagine if he'd shown up at a launch and talked to the reporter! Fortunately we threw that loser out years ago.

=86

Reply to
raydunakin

Yet it is media.

So it is TRUE.

Let me guess. You are not going to address that issue which YOU identified as a major bad thing but are going to try, but fail, to redirect the discussion "over there" to something less inconvenient for you.

See!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I did. You didn't like the asnwer.

When we butted heads on the topic I challenged TRA to simply follow their own motor renewal rules so I could be allowed to stick my neck out. Wayyy out.

Aren't you TRA guys tired enough of me yet to GIVE me the rope to hang myself with?

Nope. The judge is the FINAL word. For now at least.

That would be like asking you to take an inteligence test, and pass. You might take the test but you would not pass.

But if I asked you to simply fly a camera rocket with an I211, you would, FAA waiver or not, you would "get away with it".

See my point?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine