Popular Science article

The PRECISE opposite is true.

TRA demands ATF permits of new motor certifications. Illegally AND contrary to existing law, and interim lawsuit judgements, and of course their own lawsuit position.

ATF makes whiney positions, but in reality they are following and enfoercing the existing law. But they are trying to coerce folks to treat rockets as explosives. ONLY TRA and its vendor network has conceeded.

ONLY.

ALL "sport motors" are ATF exempt.

Period.

Here's the law that shows that:

27 CFR 555.11, Propellant Actuated Device. Any tool or special mechanized device or gas generator system which is actuated by a propellant or which releases and directs work through a propellant charge.

27 CFR 555.141 exemptions (a) (8) Gasoline, fertilizers, propellant actuated devices, or propellant actuated industrial tools manufactured, imported, or distributed for their intended purposes.

Here's the JUDGE's words verifying it.

"In addition, the Court finds that the ATF's pronouncement that sport rocket motors are not PADs is invalid because it was made without compliance with the notice-and-comment rulemaking procedures of the OCCA and the APA."

Here is the court order that is from:

Just factual Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The rules do NOT say that.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Never. Get over it.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Specifically, what did the BATFE tell you?

Motor cert renewals is out of the question. The original manufacturer ceased to exist after 1990.

Any motors you have, are of different origin. Full cert rules apply.

Are you so pathetic that you can't "do the right thing", without special help from others?

Try harder.

Good, then I'm sure you are ready to obey the fraud judgment finalized by the Judge in Ventura, and pay up.

No, what's your point?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

All propellant is exempt.

False.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Where is Powertech located?

Who owns them?

Do "they" have My money?

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

In your living room? At least until you return goods as ordered.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I kind of liked that line. It's definitely Ky!

Bob Kaplow NAR # 18L >>> To reply, there's no internet on Mars (yet)!

Reply to
Bob Kaplow

State and local authorities may also require permits, or have an outright ban, even if the BATFE is not concerned.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

Oh yes, I absolutely agree, but in this instance we were talking BATFE.

Reply to
Dave Grayvis

Read the orange book, and then understand.

it is different, due to political issues with the fact that Billy and Joe need to do that all over god's great country.

Reply to
AlMax

So's fingerpainting. What's your point?

LOL! Only you would take "maybe" and turn it into "true".

I DID address it, you freaking moron! I specifically said that "we all must do our best to watch what we say to the media."

You're the one trying to redirect this.

Ah, another good example of Jerry taking liberties with the truth. Here's the part you deleted in order to change the context:

"We could have had a member who's been fined by DOT for illegal shipping and been convicted for possession of a destructive device. Imagine if he'd shown up at a launch and talked to the reporter! Fortunately we threw that loser out years ago."

Reply to
raydunakin

Bull. You've never posted anything verifiable from the ATF stating that they now consider rocket motors to be exempt as PADs regardless of size.

You just want us to hang in your place, while you hide your illegal operation behind shell games.

The judge hasn't given the final word yet, and the ATF has not changed their policy.

Again, bull! Post something that can be verified, or shut up and sit down, you lying sack.

"Getting away" with something doesn't mean it's legal. I get away with speeding all the time, but it's not legal. The fact I get away with speeding is not proof that the state of California has changed their laws or enforcement.

TRA has no obligation to help you "get away" with illegal manufacture, sales, and shipping of motors.

Reply to
raydunakin

Liar. Here's the ATF's own words:

In particular, check out question #3... "3. I would like to manufacture and distribute single use rocket motors and/or propellant reload kits. What ATF license is required? Only A MANUFACTURER'S LICENSE IS REQUIRED. Licensed manufacturers may engage in the business of manufacturing explosive materials for purposes of sale or distribution or for their own use. It is not necessary for a licensed manufacturer to also obtain a dealer's license to engage in business on his or her licensed premises as a dealer in explosive materials. See 27 CFR =A7 555.41(b)(3)."

Whiny or not, you are required by law to obey them.=20

Reply to
raydunakin

Only because it's so obvious that only a moron such as yourself would need to have it spelled out. I'll try to make it simpler for you: You can't renew certs on motors which are currently illegal.

Reply to
raydunakin

Then until I see proof to the contrary, I must assume your "destructive device" was a rocket motor and/or propellent. That's the only thing that fits the conditions you've laid out.

Reply to
raydunakin

Prove it.

Reply to
raydunakin

How do you know it wasn't something to 'encourage' Frank's house to burn down?

Reply to
Phil Stein

Well, first off Sheeple Irvine said that we're all potentially guilty of the same crime. Materials specifically constructed for committing arson (firebombs, molotov cocktails, etc) aren't used in rocketry. On the other hand, one could certainly convert rocketry materials to such devious purposes. Secondly, if I remember correctly there were several years separation between the time of Jerry's conviction and the arson at Frank's place.

BTW, I have a theory about what the "holy grail" Jerry mentioned really is...

In looking at the charges against Jerry, I see he was originally charged with possession of an explosive device. That was later changed to possession of a destructive device. My theory -- and this is just speculation -- is that the "device" was a motor and/or propellent, and he was going to use the change in the charge against him as "proof" that motors are not explosives. Then, after making that first post about a "holy grail", it dawned on him that this information would also prove once and for all that motors manufactured without proper permits are illegal.

Anyway, that's my theory, and it's ONLY a theory.

raydunakin

Moron

Reply to
Jerry Irvine