Re: [Jerry Irvine's storage] Contact me offline

Thanks for the heads up Jerry. BTW, New and wonderful things are in store for the HPR Strength of Materials site. Please stand by...

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau www.rocketmaterials.org www.nepra.com Remove "My Shorts" to reply

I will not adjust my set :)
Jerry

WE control the horizontal, WE control the vertical....
You are about to enter the "Outer RMR Limits" ....... of which there are none. ; )
Randy

I've just returned from NARAM. NEITHER was in control all the time. Especially during E SD, C SR, and of course PLASTIC MODEL!!!!

Since you seemingly live for NARAM each year Bob, perhaps you can tell us something not readily apparant to the typical attendee, such as how it compared to past NARAM's in terms of field, accomodations ease of transortation issues once there, food, and the like. Perhaps even e bit about participation.
Jerry

Same field as NARAM-38, but about 2/3 of a mile further East. The field was pretty typical. Mowed grass range head, surrounded by tall grass and shrubs. Trees off in the distance. I did visit the ones down wind on F DELD day, helping the Pod Bay Doors team search for their model. I had a GPS sighting on whee they said it was. Turns out it was up a tree, but they got it back for a place. I hear at least one person went for a swim in one of the ponds to recover their model. The rains Saturday did turn the access road muddy, but once it dired out it wasn't a problem.
The Ramada hotel was better than expected. but when I heard it converted from a Days Inn to Ramada a couple months before NARAM, I immediately booked a backup room at the Super-8 next door. Glad I stayed at the Ramada. Only real complaint, over the weekend they ran out of some breakfast stuff.
The trip from the hotel to the field wa 21.5 miles. Not too bad; and about half my daily commute to work, and much less traffic congestion.
There was a WalMart, grocery store, and a bunch of fast food to mid range restaraunts along the road by the hotel. But for any really decent food, you had to go back across the river to Evansville (only 5-7 miles). I can't say I'll recall any place I ate this trip like the seafood in Maryland, or the SouthWest in Canon City or Tucson, or the Cajun in Houston. The RMR dinner Saturday night was right in front of the 3rd NARAM hotel, at the Ponderosa. Nothing fancy, but decent, plus the buffet. Probably 20+ folks showed up in all.
NARAM competition hasn't been heavy for probably a decade now. The sport range was lighter than normal for the weekend, possibly due to Saturday's rains; the range shut down once due to lightning, then deluged again near closing time. I don't know if the sport range flew as many flights as the contest range, but IIRC the total was just under a thousand. Obviously the contest week was very light at the sport range.
I don't remember seeing any lines longer than 2-3 people at either range, for checkin, pad assignment, or waiting to fly. Things ran pretty smoothly.
And for those that weren't there, this was definitely a female run NARAM: First female CD, first female chief RSO, an all female contest jury, and a female head R&D judge. And lots of young ladys in A & B division to show the boys how it's done.
Someone wrote:

Rick Dickinson wrote:

Not to mention "besto_w_ed".

Viola?
You picked a fine time to make a misspell....ing.
Doug

doug_man snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com says...

Oh. I thought he meant to say "best ho"
--
Kurt Kesler

In article

I thought I was wearing a condom for protection from spelling corrrections.
Usenet rules specifically state spelling corrections are off-topic on ALL newsgroups.
I suspect more than one person on usenet is either intelligence impaired, fat fingered, or just a sloppy drunk typist :)
Jerry
Someone wrote:

And "Jerry Irvine's storage" is on-topic for this group?
Doug

In article

Wanna take a poll?

I say it was on topic because it was regarding free storage he was providing for rocketry related information.
People use Doc's site www.rocketmaterials.org & we appreciate him for maintaining it & Jerry for proving the space.
Phil Stein
wrote:

Phil Stein

I don't use much, yet. When the site is finally revamped, I will use Jerry's space to store the images and graphs. This will free up my server for more data. (Praise be to data!)
-- Drake "Doc" Damerau
www.nepra.com Remove "My Shorts" to reply
(Praise be to data!) - Drake "Doc" Damerau
:)
David W. wrote:

Well, he's kinda the male version of Harry Mudd's wife. Maybe they'll want to clone him someday so that there will be 20 copies to harass former TRA leaders with....
Doug

Jerry has been transmorgafied!

Wait a minute... I thought they already did. ; )
Randy
"David W." wrote:

To revive him later in the future when either (a) there is a cure for him or (b) nobody gives a damn anymore about certifying rocket motors? ;)
-John

See, I knew we would eventually agree :)

It's better than letting him run around loose, isn't it?
--
Mike KD7PVT
NAR #70953 - Sr/HPR Level-1 ~ SeaNAR - The Seattle NAR Section #568

As you force this thread off-topic in typical fashion I remind the newbies and lurkers that this was originally about FREE online websites I host for the benefit of others. I am changing ISP's so I can quadruple the amount of FREE space I can GIVE to such worthwhile projects as www.rocketmaterials.org.
I would also like to see someone who is not a co-owner of errortech run a site similar to thrustcurve.org but consistent with the prior policy of publishing ALL motors not just those that are TRA certified. A policy that changed at thrustcurve.org when he became financially affiliated with AeroTech, Inc. Conflict of interest supreme.
Jerry