Rocket/space themed vacation

I'm going to be on vacation in northern Georgia, July 17th through the 22nd. Is there any recommended sites while I'm there? Is Huntsville worth the trip? Also how about going to KSC? Any place else?

Thanks for any input!!

Dave Schaeffer

Reply to
Dave Schaeffer

KSC is interesting, but be advised - The tour takes you next to the shuttle runway, not on it, you don't get all that close to the launch pad and you don't get into the VAB. Mostly what you get is "the history of". Kind of sad to see all the Apollo stuff rusting away.

Reply to
Jeffrey and Suzanne Hallett

YES!

Randy

Reply to
Randy

Indeed! I will never forget our trip many years ago when they were testing the Shuttle main engines.

When we are traveling through the North part of the state we will stop in. Always worthwhile, especially the IMAX theatre. And the rocket park! It's time to go back...one of our coffee mugs is cracked. :-)

John

Reply to
John Stein