roton rotory rocket

Whatever happened to this project, anyone remember. Can't seem to find any active links anymore.

Damian

Reply to
Damian Burrin

Roton is an ex-parrot.

Reply to
Vince

The company failed because they could not get enough money to keep the project going. There was a plan to move the test bed rocket to a place down in Ramona in East San Diego county, but that idea didn't work out either, they ended up punching a hole in the bottom of a chook in trying to move it.

Just about 3 weeks ago the whole left over building and any hardware ( including the rocket ) was sold at auction for back taxs. Last I head the rocket was going to be turned into scrap and sold off as junk.

Reply to
Starlord

Just cos I'm a brit dosn't mean i watch monty python ;-)

Damian Burrin

Sorry, had no idea. Just utilizing an obscure colloquialism. ;->

"It's bleedin' demiiiiiised..."

Reply to
Vince

The spent their entire capital without making a working prototype by any reasonable definition.

I went to the liquidation auction. Nothing worth buying and I am a rocket geek!

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

or...