[TMT] Never honored policy

Referring to Jerry as "the deadbeat" implies that you take TRA's side of the story at face value or something...?

Sheesh.

-dave w

Reply to
David Weinshenker

Your question is rhetorical and negated as it would be true that Jerry didn't pay in either case... think about it.

You make only accusations and provide no proof. Right now I believe Jerry makes more sense in nearly every particular.

You make allusions to Jerry conspiracy theories. Jerry makes outright accusations, and gives basis and cites.

You desire to hide behind a pseudo name. This is OK with me to an extent, but not if you hope to convince others like me of Jerry's wrongness without cite or basis.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

They do! Check the rules for certifying motors. It states that manufacturers are responsible for any damaged caused by their motors to the test equipment.

You clearly haven't read the cert rules, or you'd know better.

My statement was not meant to single out Jerry, but rather applies to _anyone_ who fails to pay what they owe. I should have been more specific about that.

Going to small claims court is time-consuming, and still doesn't guarantee payment. Collection agencies cost money. Was the debt in question large enough to be worth this much trouble and expense? I don't know, but I do know that sometimes you just have to cut your losses and chalk it up to experience.

Could they have insisted on a bond or deposit of some sort in advance of certifying the motors? Possibly. Of course then we'd have all the TRA haters ranting about how TRA is erecting more barriers to motor manufacturers.

Still, I agree that it could be argued that, in a sense, TRA screwed up by letting a manufacturer screw them. What do you expect, 100% perfect decisions

100% of the time? The BOD is made up of elected volunteers, not hired bean-counters, and even professionals make mistakes.
Reply to
RayDunakin

Very well worded, indeed well explained. It is this exactly the type of entity, and the responsibilities to membership past/present/future, that I have tried to iterate, and have not been able to define well.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

"I fear most of the truth will remain vociferous allegations. I myself an on the BoD of a non-profit, and know that the minutes very rarely reflect the tenor, let along the full substance of a meeting. Official communications are propaganda instruments, and I don't mean that in a bad way. They just are authored by people with an agenda, and it is the agenda that will determine just how candid those communications are."

- iz

Duane Phillips wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

I do believe he feels it is not one-sided... so that is your opinion.

I do not believe it is one-sided.

Nice attitude.

~ Duane Phillips.

Reply to
Duane Phillips

It's with BK's self imposed incarceration.

Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

I agree but, At this point, I'd settle for current information.

Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

According to TMT, the test stand is not an issue.

Phil

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

That goop is most likely Tempil Stick brand thermal indicator. I use it all the time. (I use the crayon version more often.) It's a paint-like liquid that changes color only if it "sees" a temerpature above a stated amount. They have them that go over 1000C in 25C increments.

Why the 200C? There is no change of mechanical properties to 6061-T6 at

200C. 6061-T6 can handel 200C for hours. You could go to 250C and still have time. Remember, at these temperatures, were talking about artifical aging. This is a precipitation mechanisim and this takes considerable time at the temperatures about which we're talking .

-- Drake "Doc" Damerau

NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3
Remove "My Shorts" to reply

Reply to
Doc

Implies?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

There are so many! How can you pick which one?

I have been out of TRA activity for a DECADE and they are still focused on me :)

Point!

For ~$200 :)

That is an accurate description BTW.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

From within TRA BOD? In the minutes? Please disclose.

Then why was this not an issue raised with me? I want to be forced to pay and then be able to renew retest. Force me!

You clearly have no grasp of history or you would know it was preceisely as he described. Furthermore you irrationally assume the rules in place in 2004 were in place in 1986 or 1990 or 1994. They were not.

Was it enough or real enough to write a SINGLE demand letter?

You have seen how TRA fixates on its false claims. Why no fixation on this one? It didn't happen. What's more it was not even claimed to have happened other than three verbal denials by CER himself one ending at Black Rock. I have posted the story before of his returning a L1000 submitted for cert that was later flown at the launch successsfully in Bill Morrow's rocket. The fellow who later wrote the "Morrow report" which Rogers used as a basis for my membership removal in 1992. Ask to see it. I bet they refuse to deliver as they did at my own expulsion review hearing in circa 2001.

Jerry

But your rationalization is based on NO fact. PURE speculation and rambling in an apologetic and forgiving way for BOD and harmful to whoever challenges them. Lap dog.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

As you are on them. Like everything else in life it's 5% of the guys that take up 90% of the time of the leaders in an organization.

I think you're a detriment to the hobby.

Reply to
Nozzlehead

Am I a member or not? I do nothing to take up their time except offer a target to make up rules to exclude me over and over. They have made about 5 specific SETS of rules to exclude me post expulsion. Why? Because I actually fly rockets unlike them and they want to make me stop too?

Gees.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Actually, based on what TRA/NAR did for the bill in the Senate, I hope Jerry keeps it up. He needs to take up 99.9% of the BOD/BOT time so that they can do less harm.

Bob

Reply to
baDBob

Have you ever seen anything to lead you to believe otherwise?

Jerry - did someone appoint Ray to be the official RMR Attitude Judge?

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

All positions at tra are self appointed by fiat (or propoganda rag appointment) and if some legal vote detail gets in the way the person just comes up with a handfull of proxies.

It's an intersting study in organizational management akin to the mob.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Yeah... TRA is like the mob.