Tower Hobbies ??? The Good, Bad and the Ugly...

Reply to
Brad

I've ordered several times over the years. I've found their prices to not always be that great, plus I get the double wammy of shipping AND sales tax. Prices that are different every month really annoy me, and Tower is famous for that. But wait a few months and it will be back on sale. One item was not as advertized and I returned it for a refund. Another an item was back-ordered for 3-4 months, but eventually shipped (a long delayed Estes kit) But I've never had any problems with them.

I prefer to order most of my rocket stuff from the regular rocket vendors than the 800# gorilla of mail order hobbies.

Bob Kaplow

I've ordered from them, they have the most wonderful customer service in the world. I ordered a flight pack once and some other stuff. The pack ws missing one bag of igniters.. the customer service folks sent me another bag :))

Reply to
Dan

I just looked back through my order history, and I was shocked at how much I have spent with Tower. I live in Australia and I have never had a problem.

Tom Watson Sydney Australia

Reply to
Tom Watson

O.K., guys -- why is it I'm skeptical about these comments? Let's see --

"A few RC items" followed by "A lot of times" etc. First off, you are always advised when you order of BO status and when expected, so why accept and then cancel?

Does this mean anytime shipping by mail the order gets lost? Come on gents, how many times have any of us even had a postcard not delivered, let alone a commercial package?

And how would you know? Never have seen an error in dealing with them for over 20 years!

And just how, pray tell, did you even know they mailed it wrong or bounced it back???

No one sends cash to Tower, so just how did you lose cash money?

As I said, I've been dealing with them for well over 20 years and have NEVER had an order screwed up.

Cheers -- \__________Lyman Slack_________/ \______AMA6430 IMAA1564___/ \____Flying Gators R/C______/ \__Gainesville FL _________/ Visit my Web Site at:

Lyman Slack

I thought this thread looked familiar so I searched at

The original thread was started 12/17/2003. People bantered back and forth until 01/15/2004; then it got 'revived' on 11/23/2004 for some reason.

remainder of message snipped... no reason to rehash a year old issue that has been a non-issue for most who post to r.m.rc.a

Reply to
Carrell

Although I have not spent that much there, I have had no problems with them.

And I like that their website uses predictable urls for searching, so folks with Firefox or Maxthon, etc can build tower hobbies searches thusly:

The %s escape sequence is replace by your keywords by the browser when set up correctly.

So I type "th eclipse" for example and the browser hits tower and serves up the info.

Reply to
Frater Mus